B! finished - HELP needed...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone...

I've just finished my new B1. Schematic taken from Passlabs. But there is only dead silence at the outputs.

Here is the schematic:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here is my layout:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I can't find any mistake... So please anyone help me with this problem.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Your images --

If you can take any voltage measurements anywhere, that will help.

Also, could you take some photos of it and post them here?

For reference, the Original B1 schematic -
FirstWattB1.jpg

Last edited:
Oh... I took some voltage measurements. VCC behind the smoothingcaps is 18,68V. I used 2SK170 as mentionend in the Passlabs article. No matching. I only want to see if this gem is working. But it won't make any noise.

Where are positions to measure which would be interesting?

I can take some pictures of the inside tomorrow when i'm back from work.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi xandrell,

Is far as I can see, you used the pin layout of the IRF 610 or IRF 9610 were the gate is on the left side looking on the front of semiconductor, where the words are, but Sk170 has the gate in the middle and the drain and source outside.

So check your j-FETs and solder them new twisting the legs!

http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/toshiba/1027.pdf

6L6 is right!

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Pin 3 to slot 3, isn't then the drain of J-Fet connected to the source place of IRF holes? :D

In German im zweiten Pinbelegungsbild sieht man den Transistor von unten und im ersten von der Schriftseite.

It is so easy to get confused by the pin pictures, reflect 5 times please!

At least for me!:)

Nevertheless you did a fine work!

Last edited:
Updare... After twisting pin1 and 2 and rotating the hole mosfet... Well... It works ;-) No audible hum at the output... Only that what you give him. But i have one question left: is there a possivility to raise the gain just a bit? Let's say about 3 or 6db?

So really thanks for the gelp and hints on this project.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.