JLH/PLH PC Boards?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I did not make one, but I probably could.

What dimensions? Are you mounting outputs on the board?
What are the hole placements?

:cool:

Hello Nelson,

I would want to mount the outputs on the board - well on the edge of the board I guess?

Mono boards and I was hoping to use the IRFP240's that I have assuming they can do the duty.
Dimensions are not critical would design the box around them...

I really dont know how you find the time to be so active in this forum and produce all the kit you do as well!

Much obliged.

WM

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Here is the schematic. I have ordered the PCBs, and as soon I receive them, I can start mounting the components before initial testing.

I plan to use a 2x18 V 500VA transformer common for the two channels. I also have two quite large heatsinks (0.3 K/W) which I plan to use. This amplifier favours high quiescent current, so maybe I can set this as high as 1.8 A...

Attachments

• jlhfet_nos.jpg
    jlhfet_nos.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 813
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Yes I know what you mean. I have not quite decided yet if I am going to use a pot as done in the PLH amplifier. For the time being I have thought of using to resistors instead of the pot and then have the possibilty to change between push pull and something like halfway single ended.

Here is the schematic. I have ordered the PCBs, and as soon I receive them, I can start mounting the components before initial testing.

I plan to use a 2x18 V 500VA transformer common for the two channels. I also have two quite large heatsinks (0.3 K/W) which I plan to use. This amplifier favours high quiescent current, so maybe I can set this as high as 1.8 A...

This is certainly looking good to me! - Nelson can help crit the design I am not up to that - but I mean the concept and the components!

I have a pair of Conrad MF35-151.5 heatsinks rated at 0.21C/Watt and I have IRFP240s - so yes very happy with the direction this is going knutn!

Thanks

WM

Last edited:
Knut,

You can balance the drive on the output transistors by splitting the 0.47 ohm sense resistor into a centre tapped pair of 0.235 ohms, with the the feedback resistor R14, the bootstap capacitor C20 and the loudspeaker connected to the same point. I used this approach in the latest version of my interpretation of ZenV4 - similar topology to J Aleph.

See: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/161716-aleph-current-source-mod.html
158985d1266699075-aleph-current-source-mod-ltpzenmod4.2.gif

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.