The Aleph Jango

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ikebana!

Attachments

• DSC_0138.JPG
    DSC_0138.JPG
    696.1 KB · Views: 533
Nope. There are two, just hard to see. 200 ohms will not do it, so i have to use bigger pot or put resistor in series. Didnt feel like messibg with it after i couldnt get bias up, so i will finish tomorrow. All else is good, functioning as expected. Tomorrow should go quickly.

OK. Irritated now. Cant figure out what is wrong. Cannot bring bias up past about 1V. If I check the FE independent of the output transistors, all is fine. Attaching output transistors, I have 56V across Jfet until i bias it up and then everything levels up and I have 27V across both top and bottom fets. From there it goes nowhere. cat bring gate voltage pass about 1V. What is stealing my current? I have the negative input shorted to ground. Can get the offset close to zero, then it starts to wonder. Dont have the feedback point bypassed with cap, so ill try that to stop the wandering output.

Tea,
your schematic is too small to see.
ZM,
I am using the schematic from earlier in the thread given to 6L6. Fe is fine as far as I can tell. Found a little clue when testing bjt in ACS for Vdrop. When i connected one probe to the output and one to the gate of the bjt, all the sudden bias came up. I am assuming this points to bad bjt.

Attachments

• AlephJschematic.gif
    AlephJschematic.gif
    36.9 KB · Views: 383
Ok, so I got one side biased up, but new problem has presented it's self. With Vdrop at about 600mV, I get big negative offset at output of about-22V. It seems like top Hal is not matching bottom half in current. I can begin to trim it out, but bias gets way to high on SS.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
with biasing , you're still in DC domain , strictly

I'm saying that , understanding "contribution of ACS to output" as AC thing

take it from this angle - you're gonna to adjust Aleph CCS for desired current ;

then - chasing 0 DC offset on out , you're gonna to adjust it's load ( lower half of amp ) ........ looking at it as on variable resistor ;

R too small - offset in neg

R too high - offset in pos

considering that A CCS is pumping same current in both cases

do not forget to gnd both inputs

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
both inputs shorted to gnd

it seems you made some other mistake there

without my presence right above your shoulder , or without pics - it's hard to say

edit : - you posted another one , while I typed

clarify
editedit:
got it - there is no connection to bjt base in A CCS , that way

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.