Visiting and talking with Zen V9...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Been a while - I bought the heatsinks, the PCBs and the Fets etc in 2007 - or sometime then - so now I figure it really is time to put her together....

But - yes there is always a 'but' I guess - I want to extract more power and I have seen and read the 50W Zen V9 thread - maybe my ramblings should be in that thread but maybe not as that is not quite the way I wanted to go...

Given that the main devices can handle 200V and 20A - is it not feasible to just up the PSU Voltage and current capability.....and heatsinking....?

WM

Hello WM, as you observed, they are rated for 24V @ 50A, but not both at the same time. If you look at the datasheet for a device, these are maximum ratings at each extreme. The important spec to look at in regards to your question is the Power Dissipation. This, along with the previous specs, determines what your transistor can handle in steady state(which Class A is).

Peace,

Dave

Also, most ratings are at 25C. Typically, in operation, we would be running 65-95C die temp.
I've had the LU part biased at 3A and 2.5V for a year without problems. :D

Thanks flg....

Any advances on 7.5W?

I guess then that the mounting of the device and the resultant thermal resistance to the heatsink requires investigation/optimisation.

WM

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.