Etching help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Forget the staples paper, I threw close to 100 sheets of it in the trash after buying the presentation paper.

I can send you some if you want to try it before spending $15 on a whole pack. If you send me your layout, I will even print some out for you. If the prints I make don't work, then you know some other part of your process is to blame.

I believe they're the same paper. Did you have Staples 633215? It comes in packs of 300 sheets.

Muratic acid and peroxide work great as long as you have some ventilation. I prefer outdoors or near open exterior window or door. HP presentation paper is easiest for me to get so that is what I will be trying next. Keeping etching solution stirred really sped things up for me. Also, I have found that removing all the paper is not necessary. I had a few of the boards turn out with that last layer of paper (the difficult stuff) still on them

Muratic acid and peroxide work great as long as you have some ventilation. I prefer outdoors or near open exterior window or door. HP presentation paper is easiest for me to get so that is what I will be trying next. Keeping etching solution stirred really sped things up for me. Also, I have found that removing all the paper is not necessary. I had a few of the boards turn out with that last layer of paper (the difficult stuff) still on them

Tanks ventilation is out for the time being so I will have to put up with the yelow stain apearing in the most strange places.(dam)

Stiring things up ...

I believe that blowing air troug the Muriatic/peroxide mix actualy helps re vitalise the solution

I have beeing using a model boat propeller and a litle model motor mounted on a 35mm 300 mm longh plastic pipe (motor have to be well away from the acid and eventualy will breack but last one is well in to is second year)

The cavitation of the propeller make quite a bit of foam with the feric cloride
and I get boards ethed in 10 15 minutes even with cold acid.

I honsetly find the muratic acid and peroxide way too messy, it degasses alot and it is pretty horrible to inhale those acid gasses, hell it has such an affinity for water you might see water vapour rise from your forearms and hands if they are moist. feric chloride can be stored in a glass container and used over and over ad nauseum... As long as you don't spill it is perfect, it does stain like mad though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.