Heatsink candidate for Class A?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry, but I could not find a recent Pass Labs thread associated with heatsinks, so here goes.

I recently purchased a pair of fan-shaped aluminum heatsinks on eBay from a U.S. supplier, for $55 + free shipping. They are massive aluminum. The seller quotes a 0.74 degree C/W spec, but I suspect that may be conservative. They may be a little "light" for an F5 build, but you'all may find them useful in other Class A designs. (I know it's probably heatsink "overkill", but I'll be using these in a Class D chipamp.) The mounting surface for the semi-conductors/components is almost mirror-like (very nice construction).

The seller's ad says he has more. Here's the info, if you'all are interested:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

...and no--the seller isn't my brother or uncle, or cousin...... :)

Attachments

• ebay--Machtron.jpg
    ebay--Machtron.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 487
I think someone sold you a polished engine block.

And they're HEAVIER than aluminum cylinder heads, for a small-block Chevrolet....!

P.S.--I'd agree..... with some light forced air movement around these, they ought to be very impressive. I'm using some reduced-speed fans on my F5 (with the large Conrad heatsinks), and my biggest challenge is getting the MOSFETs up to temp......

Sorry, but I could not find a recent Pass Labs thread associated with heatsinks, so here goes.

I recently purchased a pair of fan-shaped aluminum heatsinks on eBay from a U.S. supplier, for $55 + free shipping. They are massive aluminum. The seller quotes a 0.74 degree C/W spec, but I suspect that may be conservative. They may be a little "light" for an F5 build, but you'all may find them useful in other Class A designs. (I know it's probably heatsink "overkill", but I'll be using these in a Class D chipamp.) The mounting surface for the semi-conductors/components is almost mirror-like (very nice construction).

The seller's ad says he has more. Here's the info, if you'all are interested:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

...and no--the seller isn't my brother or uncle, or cousin...... :)

wow. it looks like massive heatsinks. do you have the dimensions?

EDIT: never mind. i found it. 0,74. maybe. it depends onon the temp of the heatsink. you want 25celsius above ambient?
3pr channal will do it :)

Last edited:
More info on these heatsinks

From the eBay seller:

I do have many other lengths (up to 6ft) so if you tell me the aproximate size your looking for I can see what I currently have available. If you'd like an exact length I can accomodete that as well but there is a cutting fee that would have to be covered. It's a fee that I have to pay and I'd just pass that amount along. I have several already cut, exactly like you received except for the length, in the 4", 6", 7" and 11" ranges. I'd be happy to give you a good deal on any of them. I also have many other profiles (shapes) in stock so if there is a preference for shorter or wider or whatever; let me know and I can send you a drawing of the closest match. Regarding the power rating, the 0.74 C/W rating was my personal testing. The industry standard for that part is closer to 0.7 C/W.

-------------- I've asked the eBay seller for his "non-eBay" Email address; when I get it, I'll post it for you'all, in case you want further communication with this seller.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.