new aleph to be built..?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all

I may well just try building an aleph using about 12 2sk134 TO3 mosfet as per moamps effort etc.

But that leaves me with 12 of 2sj49 mosfet (compliment to 2sk134) to find a use for.
any suggestions?

Can "a negative" version of an Aleph be built with these-

you can probably tell i'm possibly getting out of my depth.

Apologies Mr. Pass... you must be shaking your head.

regards to all

diyAudio Member
Joined 2002
Maybe this schematic .........

Attachments

• alephinv.jpg
    alephinv.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 693
Thank you all for your replies.
Moamps , did you just happen to have the schematic lying around?

The Pos & Neg monobolc idea also passed through my mind, I wonder if they would sound different (mirror image..)

Nelson thanks for your prompt and (since it came from you ) encouraging reply.
Looks like I have another project to ad to the list of things to do.

Regards to all.

ps Nelson did you have anything to do with an old Threshold Moving Coil head-amp some 20yrs ago ?
(had 7 of paralleled 2n4401 in it)- an excelent (to my ears at least ) unit

diyAudio Member
Joined 2002
george a said:
Thank you all for your replies.
Moamps , did you just happen to have the schematic lying around?

I have 8 pcs. 2SJ49 too. This schematic was like idea in my head long time. Today I was checking my drawing skills. ;)

The Pos & Neg monobolc idea also passed through my mind, I wonder if they would sound different (mirror image..)

I wonder too.

Regards

Nelson what would you say is a safe approach to a parallel approach of the fets...I have done the math on the drivers but dont want to intrude on your design.....if you have this info on your site I retract the question but I am simply asking for the question at hand ;)

DIRT®

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.