Burning Amp BA-3

what are you going to drive , with it ?

My bass speaker is a SEAS W26

( The Madisound Speaker Store)

in a 2.3ft3 sealed box. Sensitivity is 87dB (2.87V,1m)

It is crossed over at 275 Hz with 2nd order crossover and currently driven by Aleph 30. On some music the output is slightly low to my ears :):)

The other two speakers in my system are PHL1120 at 95dB driven with F6 and Raven 2 at 96dB driven by F3

Thank you

Hi all,
I know there is a thread running for this so If it needs moved,Mods Please do,Thanks!
I read a post about Fake parts in particular the sk 170 and bj 74,well my curiosity got me and I start taking that info and looking at a few parts I have,It seems to be the truth that there is a small amount of copper showing on the pins at the trans body,I have some from know good suppliers and ah well some other suppliers,I have recieved good ones from major US suppliers and I have ordered from 2 overseas suppliers that are good,I have ordered from Spencer and Alweit on ebay,got 'em here fast and the real McCoy's,I didn't get a reply from Zoufang,maybe someone can call that ball,
I am waiting on heatsinks and then I can fire up my B-3,LOL.
Just my 2 cents,
NS

Attachments

• Fake parts (WinCE).bmp
    84.4 KB · Views: 201
there are some possibly better alternatives , but even more unobtanium

2SK213/2SJ76
2SK214/2SJ77

for instance

Hi ZM
1. can i use 2sk216/2sj79?

2. 2sj76/77/78/79 and 2sk213/214/215/216
it seem to be one series parts. Can i use mixed pair? ex. 2sj77/2sk216

3. All of these parts are old, but i see some brand new in my local.
Is there a simple way to test the fake part?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
same parts , different voltage grades ;

without looking at datasheets , I'm expecting somewhat higher parasitic capacitances for higher voltage ones , but - if you don't have other choice - mix them

no big deal

those are nice parts

testing - Mosfet testing - pdf - Pa's site

see in datasheets what values you can expect

Great, yesterday i had finsihed BA3 FE, with a green one (j77)and a black one(k214).
ps +-17.1v, the bias is 66ma.

Take it as a pre to my little tube amp, it sounds good.

Next will build BA1 output stage, can't wait to hear the voice of BA3+BA1.

Or try BA3+F4 first, to see what happen.
;)