Burning Amp BA-3

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Rixsta, If all you want to do is have your laptop drive a F5 to full, change your feedback resistors to 220ohm.

EDIT - nevermind, you are talking about an F5T, it already has the 220R resistors.

A BA-3 with the gain lowered from stock would be one way of getting a signal to the size you need. You could also go a million other directions, perhaps something like an Aikido preamp, configured for low gain.

Last edited:
Also a good suggestion, 6L6. For reference, here is the final stopping point for Juma, a big fan of the F5 amps.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/125893-preamp-ideas-f5-6.html#post1690625

Thats pretty cool looks fairly simple too but with my abilities with the Veroboard or point-to-point making this without a PCB would be a pain.

I kind of need to get something built within the week.

Ill start posting in that thread now anyway :)

Ahh there is a PCB there so could get one made, wonder if its a class-a circuit...

Last edited:
I wanted to use this configuration to keep the caps in a single row. As shown it was for a stereo setup. I now have the second transformer for dual mono.

My question is - do I need another set of eight rectifiers, or is there a way to use four per side in the dual mono. I have never used the one piece/block recs but see they have only four taps per unit. Looking at 6L6's F5 guide I see he has two four pole recs, but again that is for stereo.

I might be way off base, but I though I'd ask.

Attachments

• BA Wires Mod.jpg
    BA Wires Mod.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 374
Thanks William, but after Googleing a bit, and even with your diagram - it appears the only way to get the needed +/0/- is using two four leg items. As the neutral and ground wires (U.S three prong AC plug) in my home are tied back to the same bus bar in the service box, it seems one quad should be enough. But unless someone has actually successfully used such a configuration in an amp, I best stick to the Pass PS diagram.

TNX

Diode Bridge Theory.

Last edited:
The circuit is a modified Aleph J which is a single ended output, the IRFP240 form the classic Aleph modulated constant current source, fitting R100 here could be done but would probably be a waste.

Keep the other R100's as spares, or wait until the J2 is out of production and the schematic becomes available.