Burning Amp BA-3

Joined 2011
Paid Member
so I started biasing the BA3 today.... in the article by NP it says you should measure across r8 and r9...... should this be r10 and r11?
anyhow did adjust p1 and p2 and now got 1v over r10 and r11.
got 69,2mV over r3 and 72,9mV over r3.
dc out -20mV.
am I way of base here??

adjusted p3 and dc out is now 0.02mV

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
zen mod
if you got the time :) sure there are more people here that would benefit from it.
this is my first build and I really would like to learn something here.
did read the ba 1 2 3 several times and learned alot. however as mentioned above... do this look right to you at all?

oh and yes I measured the dc at the output and gnd

Last edited:
Clarity cap PWA

Anyone have or know of a source for the Clarity PWA capacitor? I would like to try them. If Nelson has PASS labeled on the BA3 output caps he must have purchased a large amount. I wish that they were offered at the DIY store along with the boards." I am just saying".

BDP

Hi Andrew (and others),

I always enjoy to hear what type of caps (resistors, other stuff) people with a huge experience like to put in their own builds. I think I'm getting to the conclusion, that these parts are seldom the very expensive or big ones, but often good quality industry parts. But the trick is to know which they are, as I'm quite a newbie in making my own audio gear (and I'm only reading very extensivly for about two years).
So, what cap to put in this position?

if NP put Claritycap....all can start from this ... after can be put //0,1u to taste...

cheapers can use WIMA MKP4 10uF 250V

german ;) can use mundorf ....

the guide I post is quite accurate ,in the end is taste and $$

happy caps to all :p

PS
don't use metalizzed solen....
claritycaps SA //0.1 mundorf SIO is good

Last edited:
I bet in a blind test, most people could not tell the difference between most reputable film caps. I hVe tried clarity sa, solen, and obbligato film in oil, with biggest of small distinctions coming from difference between the dry vs oil types. If your worried about it, spend $500-600 on Mundorf Supreme and you will know that you have quality. $500-600 worth.....?