Burning Amp BA-3

Hi, my BA3 has started to sing few minutes ago.
My case is a 4U 300mm, Output bords are P-BACO, bias 0,2V and stable offset around +/- 0,2mV, dual mono 24V PSU.

I just check, my sinks are almost cold even after almost 45min. How high can I rise the bias ?

Damien

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, my BA3 has started to sing few minutes ago.
My case is a 4U 300mm, Output bords are P-BACO, bias 0,2V and stable offset around +/- 0,2mV, dual mono 24V PSU.

I just check, my sinks are almost cold even after almost 45min. How high can I rise the bias ?

Damien

What value are your source resistors?

If 1ohm then you only have .2A running through each mosfet. At 24V that is under 5W per mosfet.

With 1ohm source resistors then you can at least go to .4V and have 9.6W dissipation on each mosfet. That should give you some heat on the heatsinks.

Hey Guys,

Been a while, but I have a question I hope is not bad form or impolite..:D

I have narrowed my many builds down to the liquid cooled BA-3 and the chip based Fremen Edition. I'm several versions behind on the FE and plan to do one more build. U.S. builders have no known (so far) domestic and/or economical sources for R-Core transformers. Performance improvement in that amp maxes out ~ 300 Amps. The units I have found so far have a shipping cost equal to or greater than the transformer itself.

Does anyone have info that would be helpful in an attempt organize a small GB of ~ 10 - 13 pieces? The source can be domestic or foreign as long as the total cost can be somewhat reduced.

If so, please PM me as I have no intent or desire to post here again on a non-Pass subject.:cop: This one is solely an attempt to access the enormous Pass community.

Thanks.....

Anyone knows what is the purpose of R129/R130 and C102/C103 on this schematic?

Attachments

• BA.JPG
    BA.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 465