Srajan has the 1st SIT amp for Une dégustation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I can't stop laughing in last few months
PapaSIT will be greatest Greedy Boy'z sour grapes of recent era

:clown:

just a thought - depletion is just secondary (tertiary...etc.) part of Nature of the Beast ;
that characteristic not worth chasing , because enhanced ones are easier to tame

or I'm babbling again .......... ;)

edit:

I stand chastened , too :rofl: ;

it is Sour Grapes not just for Greedy Boyz , fer sure .....

:devilr:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
btw.

it seems that Srajan is losing edge ( in own wakooness) in front of Papa's production palette ; this article is less euphonic , compared to some previous ones ;
even if that's the case ( sorry , I couldn't resist :clown: ) , these few sentences are of greatest verity , not just in this ( and not just FW related ) article :

I've always understood Nelson's focus to be on finessing circuit execution to the nth degree. Strip away complexity, hone the essentials, manipulate those maximally for the intended results. It's the antithesis of the parts-swapping modifier. That one throws money at fashionable designer bits but sticks to a found circuit which somebody else smarter than he designed.

I'm (always) amused and thrilled how Papa is using , for instance , Silmics in signal path , without remorse ..... just one of fingers poked in the eye of , ahem , purists ......

:D

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
naah

that's certainly just one of post hoc things

Attachments

• crazy.gif
    crazy.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 473
Mu follower/ SRPP. Same or different? Enhancement is easier because of bias considerations of top fet? I have been playing with SRPP idea with Lovoltechs. can't take the heat, but maybe give some insight into R085 SRPP. Has more extended ohmic region than anything else available barring Nelson's SIT.

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
say that enh. mode part is on lower rail ;

biasing is simple ;

for biasing depletion mode you need another , more lower rail .

(top part isn't critical for biasing ( in case of using depletion mode one ) , because you have almost entire range to lower rail to do that )

that's at least how I see the world today

tomorrow , who knows ...
:clown:

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
moi thinks other way around

R100 is on top , driven by PapaSIT

(p)resume that SIT is more linear , and that R100 is tamed with source resistors

2SK82 - maybe 2 in parallel ..... just from top of my head , without looking at comparable characteristics (dissipation , xconductance and capacitances , to name a few )

Last edited:
Mu follower suggest drive transistor with current source. R100 on top makes for better current source, acting like pentode, increasing impedance and allowing full gain of bottom SIT to be used if so desired. SRPP would have SIT on top and bottom, hopefully receiving as balanced a signal as possible and acting more like quasi push/pull. All this is speculation:D. I don't really know, but trying to figure out.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.