Srajan has the 1st SIT amp for Une dégustation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
My last post was meant 100% in humor, not a serious note in it. Unfortunately, you could not see the smile on my face as I typed it, indicating that it was meant in fun.

That is a problem with e-mail and such - no personal interaction to let you know what is serious and what is not. I am not a serious person, and now that my wife stopped reading this thread I can make fun of her too.

Please continue, and do not worry about a thing.

believe me or not , now I feel relief ;)

then please - exactly from reasons you wrote above - use here and there some smiley :clown: , so some non native English speaker can grasp more realistic shades of your expressions :clown:

regarding Babysitters - Papa's amps are worthy trouble to make a few ..... and it's certainly better when you can put a hand on heatsink indefinitely ; my main goal is always - preserving those precious speakers any possible trouble - even in distant future .
I don't care as much for amp internal parts (caps etc.) longevity alone.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Jon holding a competitors speaker from behind.:D
This was the money shot folks.

Attachments

• ba09_ 017s2.jpg
    ba09_ 017s2.jpg
    770 KB · Views: 600
Caught in the act!

Jon holding a competitors speaker from behind.:D
This was the money shot folks.

Actually it was a lot worse than that photo shows. I helped Joe mount the driver in the small baffle earlier, played my hi-res music for so his speakers sounded good, and helped put things away afterwards. Joe is a great guy, and I would help in any way I could.

See that ZM! Not a mean bone in my body.;)

Thanks Jon for these very interesting and nicely written impressions. I get the feeling that this adventure is becoming more and more exciting. :)

Oh, wifey is not a problem at all. Let her fall in love with the sound of your gear, do not build horn loudspeakers the size of sequoia trees and allow her to place some doilies, ivy plant pots or something onto your speakers. :D

Joined 2009
Paid Member
What this tells me is that there are no sharp edges, i.e. ringing and other artifacts that can create a the false impression of speed. These cause listener fatigue, and it was not there.

Excuse me Jon that I use your words, that is a quality I feel present also with the new BA-3 stage. It was very irritating at the beginning for me.

May be partially a result of non-feedback.....

Class A SIT amps

The first production Class A SIT amps will soon be available.

from Reno HiFi

November 14, 2011

First Watt News: The much anticipated First Watt SIT/ Static Induction Transistor amps will be available in early January. The S-2 is a stereo amp with 10 WPC will list for $5000. The S-1 monoblocks are 10 WPC with control knob and meter for a list price of $10,000 a pair. A short but titillating 6moos article is here: 6moons audio reviews: Nelson Pass' NewWatt As of the moment, there is no other information about First Watt SIT amps, but more information will be released when the amps are in regular production.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
roughly - part used as follower (out coming from source , in case of mos/fet) is not having voltage gain and showing least amount of intrinsic transfer characteristic

while connected in common source mode , having gain and showing max. of intrinsic transfer characteristic

Pass Sit-1 JFet , one per channel , is working in Common Source mode in both SIT-1 and SIT-2 amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.