Mez DCB-1 and MiniDSP in same box?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am just finishing up my Mezmerize DCB-1 and will be putting it in a 19" 1U (maybe 2U) rack. Originally, I was going to output to a DCX2496 and someday a volume control after the DCX. But now I'm considering buying a MiniDSP 2x8 and putting it in the same case as the Mez, likely just running directly from the Mez into the MiniDSP. I like this option because the MiniDSP has gotten rave reviews and also has volume control, something the DCX doesn't have. What are your thoughts on putting both my Mez and the MiniDSP in the same enclosure? A 19" rack is pretty massive and there will be plenty of room for each.

The only issue I can forsee is that the MiniDSP has a max input voltage of 4V for unbalanced signals. The Mez outputs around 7-9V. Not sure how this will affect it.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.