Toroid Transformer mounting question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sorry for the noob question, but i am getting someone else to drill and tap my case and i canot find what size the mounting bolt is that comes with antec torroids. its not on their spec sheets. can anyone help?

Did I misread your note--are you going to TAP the hole for the Antec on your chassis? No need to do so--you already have a nut...! Just drill a hole slightly larger than the bolt's diameter (you can "eyeball" that.....) and use the bolt/nut/torroid gaskets/large retaining washer and a good lockwasher, and you're done.

For drilling and tapping holes for other machine screws/bolts, your buddy should have a vernier caliper (or micrometer) and a thread pitch gauge? If so, he can tell you the bolt's specs. If not, a GOOD hardware store (like an Ace Hardware) should have templates that will tell you diameter and pitch....

Last edited:
How about these :)

P1030457.JPG

P1030460.JPG

P1030462.JPG

These are my mini aleph's, they are the smd version.

Alu does not provide any shielding as also iron does not. Count only on mu-metal for significant shielding. Hannes

Hannes, Do you have any sources for mu-metal? The only one I've been able to find is at McMaster-Carr, though it seems a bit expensive for very short lengths.

Thanks,
Eric

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.