Toroid Transformer mounting question - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th September 2011, 10:13 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

sorry for the noob question, but i am getting someone else to drill and tap my case and i canot find what size the mounting bolt is that comes with antec torroids. its not on their spec sheets. can anyone help?
Old 18th September 2011, 11:55 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzachef View Post
sorry for the noob question, but i am getting someone else to drill and tap my case and i canot find what size the mounting bolt is that comes with antec torroids. its not on their spec sheets. can anyone help?
Did I misread your note--are you going to TAP the hole for the Antec on your chassis? No need to do so--you already have a nut...! Just drill a hole slightly larger than the bolt's diameter (you can "eyeball" that.....) and use the bolt/nut/torroid gaskets/large retaining washer and a good lockwasher, and you're done.

For drilling and tapping holes for other machine screws/bolts, your buddy should have a vernier caliper (or micrometer) and a thread pitch gauge? If so, he can tell you the bolt's specs. If not, a GOOD hardware store (like an Ace Hardware) should have templates that will tell you diameter and pitch....

Last edited by CanAm Man; 19th September 2011 at 12:03 AM.
Old 11th December 2011, 05:41 PM   #23
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
How about these

Click the image to open in full size.

These are my mini aleph's, they are the smd version.
Old 11th December 2011, 09:46 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

what about them?
Old 14th December 2011, 06:03 PM   #25
Eric is offline Eric  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_a View Post
Alu does not provide any shielding as also iron does not. Count only on mu-metal for significant shielding. Hannes
Hannes, Do you have any sources for mu-metal? The only one I've been able to find is at McMaster-Carr, though it seems a bit expensive for very short lengths.

Thanks,
Eric

Hide this!Advertise here!