Semisouth power jfet question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok two questions.

1. Since these are high V devices could you just drop them in place of a tube in a tube amp? I am sure that you would have to tweek a few things but would it work or would it be a major overhaul of a circuit and not worth the time.

2. Could I replace my IRFP240 and IRFP9240 with SJEP120R100 and SJEP120R100A or SJEP120R063 and SJEP120R063 in my F5 amp? If so I think that power jfets may be the next evolution in audio since solid state.

Sorry guys I totally misread something on semisouth's site.

Is Semisouth working on complementary pairs?

I am still a newbie with amp design.

There aren't complementary pairs of semisouth power jfets; does that mean that you can only build single ended ouput amplifiers with what is currently available?

No. You still have the ability to build quasi-complimentary amps Like the J2 or Aleph J. THink tube topologies. THere are only N channel equivalent tubes. I have not been doing this long, so i feel for you, but you need to take some time and do some reading. Go to the firstwatt site and read the articles, starting with the Zen amp. Don't breeze through them. Read them until you understand them. If you don't understand something, ask. There are many here to help, even if they do poke fun at you while doing so. Good Luck.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.