SS 120R085 Depletion Mode Jfet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, the relavince to Micheals 1st article and SITs in general is very much the same. If you do the load line thing thru the R085 graph buzzforb made, you see a nice low distortion loadline! I extrapolated a little bit and set an operating point at 2.5A and 16V. I'm not sure 8 ohms dosent look the best. Just playin with graphs though :D
Hmmm :smash::smash::smash:

Based on Nelson's articles, I think 45W is ok. Mine seemed Ok, even if on oversized heatsink. Nelson often speaks of the tendency of Toshiba parts to be able to go beyond specs. I assuming the same here. PLus, I have a nice and quiet desktop fan that can do amazing things to hot amps. What is your rail voltage? I plan on presenting both SE and SRPP version with measurents to boot, as I tihnk this is going to be worthwhile. THe SE version sounded nice to my ears.

Of coarse, the V+ will depend on the speaker and Rl (the effective load) of the gain device. With a 8 ohm speaker and a 14 ohm load R, I would see about a 5 ohm LL with 57V V+. deffinatly something that needs to be experimented and played around with a little...

What you see is hazardous:D

F2JDM hopefully to be subnamed GFA

Attachments

• DSC_0095.JPG
    DSC_0095.JPG
    736.9 KB · Views: 283
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.