SS 120R085 Depletion Mode Jfet - Page 27 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th August 2012, 11:40 PM   #261
diyAudio Member

Just read an article where Nelson explained how the name of the adcom GFA came about.
Hint: it contains an expletive
Old 6th August 2012, 05:04 AM   #262
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

aha

got that

Old 6th August 2012, 11:19 AM   #263
flg is offline flg  United States
diyAudio Member

So, even my 5400 is a GFA
Old 6th August 2012, 11:58 AM   #264
diyAudio Member

The name says it all
Old 7th August 2012, 05:25 PM   #265
diyAudio Member

Well, it looks a litlle like an N.P. design, a little but not much. It's 3 stage, with a diff amp input w/tiny IRF FETs, the same FETs as VAS but, cascoded in the VAS, and an F4 looking output with .56 ohm Rs. Kinda BA-2 looking circuit I guess. Extra biasing and shut down and safety stuff. Wimpy PSU with 1 12,kuF cap. Output bias is aB, (maybe 60mA/FET Iq w/3Pr.). They say it gets warm??? I don't think so. They atribute that to classA? Nota! But it is good for bass. I use it with a(1) JBL2226 in a open baffle U box. I would by another but the Nedymium(SP) magnet thing made 'em go from $330. to $500. I'll think about it sumore...
Old 7th August 2012, 05:31 PM   #266
diyAudio Member

O.K. Back to the regularly scheduled pgm... What about the 085??? I think I can put together a test circuit of the SRP type... I want to drive some resistive looking ribbon tweeters??? 6 ohm??? high output Z should not bother me right? but the sweet sounding Mu follower i might like. I'm deaf in 1 ear and can't hear outa the other. I've loved ribbons ever since I could hear! I'll invite friends over...
Old 7th August 2012, 05:34 PM   #267
diyAudio Member

I hope, with hope being the key word, to be listening to r085 version of F2 tonight. Got ALeph CCS and SRPP in the queue. Absolutely swamped with fet distribution. I need to ask Nelson for a better version of the R085 curves. Need more V and I on the graph. I gotta here OB, although i dont currently have tthe room for it. THe F5T will be doing my down low duties in active setup. Multi output version has such great control. THis is part of my search for top side amp. Got some ADC interstage for F6 attempt with R085. since F6 doubles gain, should allow for low Rs and feedback.
Old 7th August 2012, 06:25 PM   #268
diyAudio Member

Hey, buzzforb, As long as no ones complaining about OT stuff. Am I on your list some where fore FETs? I just think I'm getting lost in all this F5X and FET GB stuff... I'm just wondering if I'll get a PM sometime. I can wait, but, I don't want to find out in the end I was looking at the wrong list or something???
Old 7th August 2012, 07:30 PM   #269
diyAudio Member

I have a print out of the list which breaks it down into pages. I am doing them a page at a time. Somehow the list got sorted alphabetically, so the people who signed up first are not necessarily at the top of the list. Good news is that i believe you are on the second page, which i am about to start. Shhould get an email tomorrow about details.
Old 18th December 2013, 11:09 PM   #270
Rush is offline Rush  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzforb View Post
I hope, with hope being the key word, to be listening to r085 version of F2 tonight. Got ALeph CCS and SRPP in the queue. Absolutely swamped with fet distribution. I need to ask Nelson for a better version of the R085 curves. Need more V and I on the graph. I gotta here OB, although i dont currently have tthe room for it. THe F5T will be doing my down low duties in active setup. Multi output version has such great control. THis is part of my search for top side amp. Got some ADC interstage for F6 attempt with R085. since F6 doubles gain, should allow for low Rs and feedback.
Buzz,

Well, how did this come out? What was best?
Was the amp a keeper?

Rush

Hide this!Advertise here!