Weird F5 bias issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good thread. I got some similar problem with cviller v3.0 F-5 non-turbo boards. Might just replace the jfets with the recommended values. Now I tried 12.5 mA LS74 and 9.22mA 2sk170. I made a short on the channel that is acting up due to a bad DMM. Just a short flash, but might have been enough. I get 0.5V offset at 0.5V bias across the closest 0.47R 3W resistor. Input closed, speaker outputs open. The other channel has 0.23V with 0.6V bias.

Last edited:
My issue When I biased my stock F5 is I can get 0mV dc offset but to do that the voltage across R11 and R12 are not equal. R11 is .56 mV when r12 is .61 mV. If I bring R11 up to equal r12 then I get about 48-55 mV dc offset.

Is this normal and what’s More important? Equal bias and equal mV across r11 and r12 or 0 offset. I can’t achieve both ?

Any advice or insight ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.