What's the difference between original aleph2 and DIY aleph2?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I am a new one here. There are some questions in my mind.

What's the difference between original aleph2(from Pass Lab ) and DIY aleph2?

For example, as I know,there are 24 mos in aleph 0 of Pass Lab,and we only use 12(half of the number) in DIY works. Would that be dangerous after a long time of using?Maybe unlike original machines,our DIY work will be out of order after 3 or 4 years.

I've finished my DIY aleph2(You can see as below)

http://tw.photo.yahoo.com/chris910.tw/ab4/

My speaker system is B&W M801s3,and aleph 2 seems not to be able to controll the speaker well. I am wondering whether aleph 0 would be better.

Hi Chris,

if you´ve build your Aleph2 like the original there shouldn´t be any difference except for the parts you´ve used. (most DIYers tend to choose "better" parts than were in the original amp).

The expected lifespan depends on your personal choise how hot you´ll let it run and can be longer or shorter than the original.....

Did you use 12fets per channel and what bias are you running? For a bit more "control" you could up the ac-current-gain to 60% or so.

william

Dear William

I use 12 FETs(per channel)in my Aleph 2.

I'm wondering the difference because I've a friend who ever exanined the original Aleph2. And he told me about the differences. Because I can't prove if it is true, I hope maybe someone here can tell me more about this, and give some advice to improve my DIY aleph2.

Anyway,much appreciated of your opinions.

Regards

chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.