POLL: Which is your fave Pass design ? F3, F4, F5, AJ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I am waiting for a delivery of LU1014 to finish F3......than I will give my points!

At the moment my favorite in the overall presentation is FFOUR!
I admire the relaxed way he is making music and and giving crazy details at/in unexpected moments.
F5 is impressive by throwing the music in the room with impressive force...... But for longer hearing I prefer FFOUR.:D

Joined 2009
Paid Member
O.k., last days I tried F3 too, I cannot tell you exactly the reasons ........but I still like F4 more. This time I do not find the right words...:eek:

Another thing that I can recommend if you own a F4, drive him for a test with one pair of IRFs only......! And go up with the bias to the level of F5.
The sound gets younger....more fluidness, better highs :):):)
(less bass), but my open baffles stopp nevertheless at 70HZ and I have still no subwoofer.....

I was inspired to do this by Nelsons M2 also using only one pair of IRF and by Zen MOds crippled F4.
Less sweet than a J2 clone (J2 clone enhances the voices wonderful, but lacks a bit of precision) and more in the direction of F3 and Aleph3.

Last edited:
I'm confused.

Where does the Aleph 4 fit into the range. Is the Aleph 4 the same as the F4 ?

Does someone have the schematics for the F4 and F5.

Where to go with the Aleph 4 if the F* is better, remember that the Aleph 4 uses +/-48V (even though mine is +/-43V) and 6 IRFP244s per leg, 24 in total.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.