Is this PCB from ebay any good?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just wondering whether this PCB would be any good? I can't see why not as it is just a PCB so not that much can be wrong with it. It has good weight too. It's just a lot easier for me to buy from ebay than make my own. They look a lot better too.

It is only around £13 for me for two boards and postage...

Thanks
Boscoe

Hi Boscoe,

the layout of this PCB has been done with EAGLE - I am quite sure about it.
I would have done it better (for example: I do not like the 90% angles, the mix of square and round pads, there is no definite signal ground, ..., ),
but it is o.k.: plated-through holes, 70µm copper traces: this is "upper" quality".

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Joined 2009
Paid Member
They look ok; But boards are available on the forum from various people who I think generally have Mr Pass's permission to sell them. Peter Daniels I think still sells them and his are good quality and reasonably priced and delivery from Canada is surprisingly quick. Some Aleph J pcb's I ordered from him took 6 days; quicker than some things in the UK. Send him a pm you usually get a prompt response.

yes, i dont think we should be supporting such a thing, blatant IP theft that is. it will continue to thrive if people support it. as others have mentioned its not even necessary, boards that have been permitted and in some cases endorsed by Nelson are available on the forum, maybe a couple of dollars more.

i can tell you after starting this thread you would have much better reaction if asking for help with construction and trouble shooting (worth its weight in gold) if you are using legit boards, rather than digesting the info that they are stolen property and still going through with the sale to save a few dollars. you will get real support with the build from peter and the product is of high quality, the aleph jx boards i'm working on at the moment are quite good. i cant speak of any of the other pass project pcbs personally on here, as i have not built any others, just this ajx and a fet circlotron.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Just wondering whether this PCB would be any good? I can't see why not as it is just a PCB so not that much can be wrong with it. It has good weight too. It's just a lot easier for me to buy from ebay than make my own. They look a lot better too.

It is only around £13 for me for two boards and postage...

Thanks
Boscoe

Non officially endorsed by originator trade url links are not accepted. Link deleted. :captain:

Okay I have began to buy some boards off another member on here in the swap meet section, I have some heatsinks but I don't think they will be big enough. They are 250mm long 90mm high and 30mm deep with 22mm high fins. It has been cut from a bigger sink so I don't know the thermal dissipation of it.

Fair enough, thanks folks. I'm not that particularly bothered in all honest it was just because they are so cheap that I thought I would give it a go and I have most of the parts to make it.

Thanks anyway though.
-----------------------------------------
Boscoe, you are a real character.

1. It is pointed out to you that these boards are essentially a rip off of intellectual property (from someone who is very helpful to DIYers).

2. Your defense is that you are not "bothered" in participating in this theft.

3. and then you continue to ask for help from the community.

I assume that I am not alone, but I find your behavior disagreeable.

-----------------------------------------
Boscoe, you are a real character.

1. It is pointed out to you that these boards are essentially a rip off of intellectual property (from someone who is very helpful to DIYers).

2. Your defense is that you are not "bothered" in participating in this theft.

3. and then you continue to ask for help from the community.

I assume that I am not alone, but I find your behavior disagreeable.

You have me wrong!

Nahh I wasn't particularly bothered in actually going full hog with this project just spotted them on ebay thought they would be a good little project at that price.

I found some other boards from another forum member then asked for help!

Read all the posts!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.