An illustrated guide to building an F5

Just to clarify: I have a ZETEX ZRA6045F in the PS. I only "need" the CL-60 fron PS to chassis ground. I was hoping to finish this beast before weekend - I don't want to order one. Can I use a resistor instead?

* Not in the best mood for silly jokes. Damn, I hate chassis work.

Yes, any value between 10 & 100R, put a capacitor in parallel with it.

Some prefer to use anti-parallel diodes - use a bridge rectifier, short the + & - pins together, connect one AC pin to 0V and the other AC pin to chassis.

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
I will post pics of the amp next week if all goes well.

Blowing fuses left and right! Some blow themselves up, others see a bright white light before dying. No shorts and my bridges are OK, it's got to be the solid state relay. Do these things blow fuses when testing the power supply unloaded? Should I load the power supply and see what happens? HELP!

The SSR is old and can't find data but it was working allright. Input says 240VAC and 'CONTROL' says 80-280VAC. It was workimg in an amplifier fitted with a 35-0-35 torodial. Should I get rid of this and buy CL-60's? It is OK to test the amp with no inrush current limiters for a couple of weeks? HELP!

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Guess this is what you were talking about. I'm pretty sure my wiring is OK so what I'm going to do is connect the power supply to the mosfets and if the fuse blows again then the SSR for whatever reason is no good for this amp.

Anyway since the trimpots are set to lower resistance not much current is going to flow.... what I really wanted to know was if SSR's pass voltage when there's little current and if they blow fuses when there's no load. Guess I'll have to post this in the power supply section of this forum.

You have a number of the SSR ?

ZRA6045F

Attachments

• Dibujo.jpg
    Dibujo.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 873
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
OK, with a bulb limiter (60W) AND the SSR out of the circuit the fuse lives to tell and my -/+ voltages are correct. Now I'm going to power up the mosfets.
Just one more question: can I listen to the amp for a week with no current limiters? Waiting for my CL-60's.

Disabled Account
Joined 2004