How hot is your BZLS ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have measured 110°C at th regulator heatsinks and 90°C at the gainstage heatsinks. Als resistors and PCB is very hot! It runs for some hours until now without failure....

Attachments

• image0059.jpg
    image0059.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 677
There are probably even earlier posts, there I had already replaced heatsinks, I think. Anyway, 680 ohm instead of 750 will heat things up a little more not too much more.
I would start thinking about replacing the heatsinks for something bigger.

The nice thing about this site is that everything has been done and reported, the problem with this site is the search engine, it's very hard to do organize the database. If someone could come up with a way to do it he or she would make big $$$.

you are absolutely right about the search engine. You search - find nothing. Redefine search string - find 3 pages with threads. Look into the thread - thread ist 598 posts long. Look and find nothing. Go to print view, go to show all 598 post of this thread on one page, use your browsers string search, and find something if you are lucky. But you will need a lot of time to do this with all the 3 pages of threads, so you will not find everything ....

till said:
you are absolutely right about the search engine. You search - find nothing. Redefine search string - find 3 pages with threads. Look into the thread - thread ist 598 posts long. Look and find nothing. Go to print view, go to show all 598 post of this thread on one page, use your browsers string search, and find something if you are lucky. But you will need a lot of time to do this with all the 3 pages of threads, so you will not find everything ....

Sorry to continue OT but you can actually display a whole thread in one page? I thought that was removed as the per_page option did not work. And what is "print view"?

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
till said:
y Redefine search string - find 3 pages with threads. Look into the thread - thread ist 598 posts long. Look and find nothing. Go to print view, go to show all 598 post of this thread on one page, use your browsers string search, and find something if you are lucky.

Have you tried using the "Show results as posts" button?

Hi till
I did "attached file:"
can´t you se my pic?

I use 2*1500 Ohm(2W) to make one 750 Ohm and mounted them on the aluminium sheet. Much of the heat goes to the aluminium before i did it.It get so hot i can´t touch them...maybe you guys with heat trouble can use this.

Here are the heat sinks i use in the PSU for the BZLS. They are
the biggest sinks i could find on Digikey that would fit on the PCB
i made. I had to move some traces in order to fit the heat sinks in.
They are part number 294-1027-ND. They are 63.5mm tall which
is making it difficult to fit in a standard preamp case.

They still run hot... i guess you just run them till they fail and then
replace them!

Attachments

• psu.jpg
    psu.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 306
The aluminium is 2*125*200 mm still get very warm!

This is how i cold down the resistors!

I use p2p setup and I have mounted components on both side of this sheet.(still no 10uF MKP is mounted!)

I will use BLS with A30 in the same chassie. Will send u more pic when everything is finnish!

BTW I use my little brother´s lego studio camera. Will get better camera when every thing is finnish!

Attachments

• bls.jpg
    bls.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 240
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.