How to connect the blue led ? ;-)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

my Aleph-X is finished, here some pictures before all wires were connected and the lit closed...

One question; with the old Aleph the blue led is connected over the active current source. However the Aleph-X has two of them, how do you connect the led to get superior sound quality without getting the source out of balance ? :clown:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

For the statistics see a previous thread!

Bye,

Edwin

Edwin Dorre said:
One question; with the old Aleph the blue led is connected over the active current source. However the Aleph-X has two of them, how do you connect the led to get superior sound quality without getting the source out of balance ? :clown:

Hi Edwin
Good to see you're back with your fine-looking amp.:cool:
I see some people warn you not to implement a led.
They could be right, they could be wrong. :goodbad:
Anyway, here's a nice thread with a lot of possible ways to connect a LED: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5844
Are you still happy with the sound?
And get rid of the DC?

Greetings
/Hugo :)

LED Connection

I have gone to the simpler is better school. In my circuits I run a blue LED from each + and - rail. The LED's used are 3.5 volt and are plenty bright a 10ma.
The value resistor needed to drop each rail to 10ma is added at each end of the diode. This way there are 4 resistors used to connect two diodes. The resistors sghould help buffer the noise from the diode.
Placing one across the current source looks great, but this can add noise. The wire wrapped around the transformer looked good to me also. Then looking at my Plitron's it was more trouble than it is worth. A diode circuit and all.
BTW, Great looking amp.

George

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.