First taste of Papa's new devices

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
OK, here's the teaser curve again.

:cool:

Attachments

• SIT CURVE.jpg
    SIT CURVE.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 3,446
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Are these Nelson's custom made Fets I heard about a long time ago?

seems - yup ;

it really depends of what you exactly heard ......

:clown:

(tip - take a look at nearly hour long Papamovie ; link is somewhere in Papapers thread ...... aha - found it : The TWiT Netcast Network with Leo Laporte )

Any chance production was large enough to open some samples to us poor, lowly DIYers?

rumor is that Papa will give free packages for each BAFer this year ; package will consist of 4 pcs of Papafets + 2pcs of WE300B , intended for comparison purposes

:devilr:

edit: I'm disappointed - no OPTs included :p

Last edited:
seems - yup ;

it really depends of what you exactly heard ......

:clown:

(tip - take a look at nearly hour long Papamovie ; link is somewhere in Papapers thread ...... aha - found it : The TWiT Netcast Network with Leo Laporte )

rumor is that Papa will give free packages for each BAFer this year ; package will consist of 4 pcs of Papafets + 2pcs of WE300B , intended for comparison purposes

:devilr:

edit: I'm disappointed - no OPTs included :p

Free custom transistors? I'm going to the BAF!! :)

I go so far to dream to be allowed to get access to these parts by paying for them. ;)

Maybe a remote option after the FirstWatt quantity of hand build PASS-SIT amps are sold out?

Hannes

Seems fair enough to me. Can you imagine what Nelson's transistors will be worth if they sound as good as the curves imply? Big dollars in Nelsons bank account -- which I think would be fantastic. Anyone with the huevos to design, then have a transistor manufactured, deserves the fruits of his labors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.