Bride of Zen problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
is this the transitor you once connected the wrong way or a new one? It´s not necessarily damaged as it looks now, we will see with the new zehners. But i would not use the reverse connected one because it may be degenerated in his hfe. So it could be a reson why the regulator doesn´t work as it should.

arold19 said:
Today, I take out the capacitor of the circuit and the value is 2,3 M ohm I thing that the cap is Ok !!!
It is not normal to have 0 ohm between a zener ???
To see if the zener are ok, I can try the power supply without C2, I suppose to have 60V !!!!!

And I don't use PC Board !

what I can do ???

Yes, the cap is ok. I recall blowing this cap when I had problems with my powersupply. I seem to recall blowing a few zener’s too, but I think they really _blew_ up, creating an open circuit, thus leading to the destruction of C2. Apparently the common zener failure is a closed circuit, so I guess this was the exception.
It seems I did every possible error on my boz, so I know how frustrating it must be, but that will be long forgotten once you have it up and running, and can sit back and enjoy!
I have later redone my boz on a proper pcb, and I have to say that the cost and effort of making a pcb is well worth the effort. There’s noting like the ease and comfort of using a pcb, even for such a simple circuit.

There a serious problem about this f.... power supply !!!
I just connect the emitter on C3 and C4 without resistor and the TIP29 take in fire.....

So, here what I thing: When I used the resistor between the emitter and the cap, I can saw the voltage grow up slowly.... like 45v-46v-47v.......Maybe, when I connect the emitter dirrectly at the capacitor, the TIP29 is unable to load correctly the cap and he just burn???
Now, I thing that some zener died because there no resistance between them.... Maybe the problem are the zener ????

I don't have 6* 10v zener, Can I but 3*20 V zener to test the circuit again ???

- yes you can use 3*20V zehner instead of 6* 10V

At what place you want to use resistors? the resistors R3 and R2 are ok, but don´t use 47,5k but something between 20 and 100 Ohm. You don´t want to use a resistor between C2 and anything. You don´t want to use resitors beween the zehners.

more: if the powersupply is on, and then you connect the cap C3/C4 without resistor you nothing else but short you power supply - poor transistor.

if you connect them with power supply unpluged / no power it should be no problem because the regulator will go up slowly.

never connect/disconnect /grab with your fingers around with power switched on to your circuit - please switch off and pull the pluf out of the wall if you want to work on the circuit.

I'm listening music now !!!! It is uncredible! My ZenV4 seem to be so more powerful with the bridge of zen ! The bass is so good now ! All seem to be perfect! I change the TIP29, the zener and I put two 50 Ohm resistor !!! Now, I'm very happy ! I hope that no problem will apper! I just have to put the circuit in a casing !
Thank you very much for your help !!!

I return to the music..... good bye !!

Today, I try my second Bridge Of Zen, " my father one". It is working good but I think I have a problem!!
If I turn the potentiometer, at a point, it begin to have little noise in the speaker, and If I continu to grow up , the noise begin to be much louder.. I make this test with my CD player connect but without playing.

I tried my other Bridge Of Zen and this one is very much quiet, there a different when I but the volume at the Max but not comparable to my "new" Bridge Of Zen !!
Maybe a ground problem !! The premplifier is not in a casing... I listen to know if I can correct the problem....

Thank you !

I have 3.45 V on R108 (4V on the shematic)
I have 20.5 V at the Drain.... (20 V on the shematic)
I have 7.5 V at the "top" of the zener ( 8V on the shematic )
But I only have 13V between the small 10K pot (15V on the shematic )

Can I do something to "loose" the noise ???
Thank you !!!

There should be 30-40V accross R104 (1000 Ohm, 3-5W), so you get 30 - 40mA (everything works for me!) (P=Ue2/R - witch means - Power of the resistor should be above square voltage (40V*40V)/1000ohm=1.6W). My BOZ has small or no noise on the output - I have a Volume Pot on the out (as in the schematics), and it's not something (Piher), I used MKT capacitors on the input and output (you didn't put electrolytes, did you?), and they aren't something too. Or, maybe you put it too close to a transformer, did you check for grounding issues like double grounds, etc.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.