Zen V5 finished! testing now!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
One of my friends had finished Zen V5 yesterday, and testing now! He, however, used different MOSFETs, these mosfets are 2SK1529/J200. He said that this topology may have some unstable nature, so got 100mV offset without any regulated PSU!
He guessed the offset shoud be pull down by using regulated PSU, then he will try the regulated PSU in few days.

Wish you guys cheer wiht these photos!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I'm going to build to mine next week. I allready got the boards and all the parts:D

Tell me something: What are the size/weight of your heatsinks?

What is the rails voltage and heatsink temperature? I need to know if the sinks I bought are enough. (they are finned with 200x200x40mm). I plan to use 1/ch or if thats not enough maybe two.

I'll use 28V rail voltage and the bias... I dunno yet! maybe 1.5-2.0A.

Please light my path, since you walked trough it allready.

thx,

Sorry! I'm testing the function of attaching file

:) :) :)

Attachments

• zen v5p1.jpg
    zen v5p1.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 1,123
To Pedro~

The heatsink's size is 120mm x 89.5mm x 60mm (L x W x D) in each one. According the catalog form local store, its weight is 6.01 Kg/M and 1.4(C/W/T). My friend used + - 26.5V, 1.5A in the rails, and he did not get precise tempreture due to instrument unavailable. However, It was quite hot during test. So, you may use some one bigger. My firend calculated the dissipation will be 39 W in each MOSFET, so the total dissipation is 78W. Comparing the Pass's orignal survey, my friend's Zen V5 get more 2 W but Mr. Pass used 25V and 1.5 A bias.

We hope these information will help you to build one.;) ;) ;)

Warning from My Friend!

Some guys may try different supplied voltage and differnet Mosfets. In fact, Mr. Pass encouraged everyone to try different component and different value, excetp the R3 and R4.
The value of R3 & R4 suggesting from Mr. Pass were 20K, but this may not fit any case, especially you want try lower suppled voltage. So, the lower supplied voltage, the more value of R3 & R4. Rather, as you adjusted the R3 & R4, you must don't adjust too much to blow your MOSFET. So, My Friend, Tony, decide make some little change to avoid this dangerous sisuation. There are many choice! One of them is using multiturn cermet trimmer to make precise adjustment. Or later, Tony will provide another choice! Please wait one or two days!

The final Zen V5 of my friend, Tony, is decided to power by +-18V and got bias in 1.2A. Tony said his system do not need high power, so he using these value to set up.

Using different MOSFETs and supplied voltage, Tony tried to aid resisiters to connect with R3 & R4 in series to limit the adjusted value and avoid blowing the MOSFETs. With this new resister, you can adjust bias more precisely without multiturn primmer.

Tony also provide an excel file to estimate the value of new added resister in different supplied voltage.

Here it is!

Attachments

• zv5.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 138
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.