Babysitter for Papa's Koan

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
related to http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/174674-papas-koan-papas-surprise.html

anyway - ya all certainly know those pics from Paparoom , always filled with newest junk , which is (junk) also familiar to common greedy boy from own wettest dreams ;
some probably spotted , some not - those nice , handy , cocky wooden platforms , on which small FW hot-babes are pedestaled ;
they probably serve few purposes , of which two aren't least important - better airflow around heatsinks ( carpet is soft and thick) and - nice purpose to spend some junk plank pieces :rofl:

Attachments

• square-mile.jpg
    square-mile.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 4,354
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
well - my workshop ( Papa's Koan's , mine too , habitat ) isn't exactly square mile big , as Paparoom ;
these days I'm repairing some Turbosound satellite boxes , chopping some planks for new face-plates of these ;
in one moment , one smaller piece (32x32cm) was in my hands and I had Lucida Intervala ( even if I can say that I'm permanently living it :clown: ) , and crystal ball , or plain bulb , blinked ........

Attachments

• super-genius.jpg
    super-genius.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 3,708
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
and result is this :
Babysitting device , for hot summer dayz ......

fluffy cut , even fluffier rectangle hole ,fluffy painted , crummy 12V/12cm vent hot-glued, junk supply with 7805 implemented , so crummy vent can be called Lazy Susan :rofl:

pics are blurred because accu in my cam were starved

funny - I actually bought 4 rubbery door-stoppers

Attachments

• BS-bottom.jpg
    BS-bottom.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 3,975
  • BS-top.jpg
    BS-top.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 3,964
Last edited:
Where do we sign for orders? I already see high end audio granite base with special no noise fan. :) Awesome idea.

I see you are on time preparing for summer... nice... :rolleyes: So with all that music, singing and dancing during summer, my cricket, how are you going to be ready for your travel in Fall?
:mischiev:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

SE version should include few things :

-some sponge strips near front and back , to ensure airflow strictly to sides
-uproc based temp sensing , with small ntc glued to bottom of sink , with display and setting buttons , to set optimum temp of heatsinks
dunno - is 1C hysteresis too much ? I know that sweet temp spot on my mosfets is roughly 54,32C , measured at case .....
- on second thought - I think that I'll put two vents , with additional sponge strip in middle , to prevent mixing of right-left airflows ;
that will demand two temp controlling circs , I don't like different temps on my channels

after that ........ go on to my 7.1 system

Attachments

• crazy.gif
    crazy.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 1,562
ZM: dunno - is 1C hysteresis ......

I'm running thermistors on the heatsinks for both of my F5 channels. Simple circuit, and able to drive a relay for a fan (one comparator per channel, and one relay driver transistor. I have a pot before the comparator--permits me to set the trigger threshold. My hysteresis is about 4 degrees F..... or about 2.2 degrees C. Works fine, for a greenhorn circuit.... ;) If you want details, let me know.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
On, Off, On, Off, On, Off.

ya mean on.................................................................................................................................................of....................................................................................................................................on ....................................................................................of......................................................................................on.........................................................................................puff

:p

ya mean on.................................................................................................................................................of....................................................................................................................................on ....................................................................................of......................................................................................on.........................................................................................puff

:p

Or with minimal hysteris: 0... o... o... o.. o.. o.. o. o. o. o......zap.....