The Arch Nemesis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• crazy.gif
    crazy.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 1,245
  • crazyrocker.gif
    crazyrocker.gif
    953 bytes · Views: 1,221
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Forgot to tell you. I received several letters commenting on articles in Linear Audio. I put them on-line, together with the author's reply, so you don't have to wait for the next volume to read those comments.
It's all here: Linear Audio | Letters .

Also, Nelson Pass article The Arch Nemesis published in Vol 0 has been put on line for free download: Linear Audio | Online Resources .

Have fun!

jan didden

Hello,
The output transformer was made by a French company that in the past did make more iron for the shop in Paris. Later they did make a model with 2 power transistors which did use a toriod power transformer as an output transformer.
The choke made for the Nemesis i did use in my Hiraga le Classe A .200mH have been trying a lot of people to do the same with ll2733 or ll1694 Lundahl in their Nelson Pass and Hiraga amps but so far nobody tried that.
If i ever built a Pass amp, need one with high input impedance( because of passive line level crossover) ability to drive Altec voice of the theatre with 16 ohm speaker.. Will be filtered at 600 herz with 12 db. With 104db/1watt/1metre . 20 watts will be ok. Dont want an amp that will fry my extinct woofers when something goes wrong so still looking.
Greetings, Eduard

Tango fg50s

Hello,
My friend in Vietnam who put photos here told me he bought a pair of Tango FG50S. I remember reading about the nemesis by Jean Hiraga and later they did come up with this Tango instead of the much cheaper original transformer.
Take a look at the figures.
Greetings, eduard

Attachments

• page1.png
    page1.png
    503.2 KB · Views: 154
  • page2.png
    page2.png
    349.4 KB · Views: 186
Hello,
My friend in Vietnam who put photos here told me he bought a pair of Tango FG50S. I remember reading about the nemesis by Jean Hiraga and later they did come up with this Tango instead of the much cheaper original transformer.
Take a look at the figures.
Greetings, eduard

Many thanks! I will create a new topic and post some images of my Tango when I get it at next month:p

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.