I found a Pass amp piracy at this web page

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yep.... Go to the US eBay site, and search on the ID tag given in the first post (380241064394)

It's for your typical Chinese "parts bag" for the F5. Buyer beware.

Unfortunately, it's difficult to stop this type of off-shore replication/piracy/theft of intellectual property.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Mind you, the only time he's using anything referring to the amp's origin is in the link to the PSU board ("LOW COST POWER SUPPLY BOARD FOR 2 X PASS F5 POWER AMP!"). He seemingly doesn't use any copyrighted labels or logos, neither in the description of auction nor on the pcbs. BUT notice that he only shows one side of the pcb...
The circuit has been published, without any layout. The seller declares it as a kit.

Not that I would buy or advertise such a thing...don't get me wrong, but how's that piracy? He should of course state that it's a kit for a clone based on an F5 circuit...

These boards have been around for a long time and I believe there are bigger fish to fry.

Edit: I wonder how he matches the ZTX without removing them from the cardboard :D

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.