Par-metal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys! I just received my case from par-metal, and was curious if anyone has felt with them before?
I ordered a case with heat sinks fabbed into the sides, and on the inside of the heatsinks, there was a metal plate that's been bolted onto it with three screws!

Does anyone by chance know what this was for???

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Is the side of the case cut out for access to the heat sink or do you only see the metal plate from the inside? Is the plate the size of the heat sink (HS)?

Is the inside plate aluminum or copper?
If copper, probably used to dissipate heat better. If not copper, probably there for rigidity. The case sides are probably thin, while the HS is heavy.
HS could pull on the side of the chassis. The inside plate could be acting as support, spreading the weight across the whole chassis side instead of a few screws.

I will be able to post a picture this afternoon,

But the plate is only accessible from the inside. Its about half the length of the heat sink, and its a plate of aluminum that had one length folded almost 180 degrees on probably a 1/4 in diameter? Maybe smaller. I'm going off memory right now, but can better give an answer when I get home.

as a matter of fact, i did call them! the man said it was for mounting down transistors, it just doesnt seem to match any of the bolt patterns i have? oh well! i had anticipated to drill and tap all of the holes anyways! after mapping out my Boards, and where the transistors should land, i should have no issues with the existing holes being too close.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.