F5 Bias Problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
silly question but have you validated the ohm value of R11 and 12?

You should be able to easily get 800-1000mV(not that you would run there unless you had some MONSTER sinks) across with the stock values and 25V rails.

Also maybe doublecheck the values and orientation of the trimpots themselves - the adjustment screws should be to the outside of the boards.

Last edited:
I have a similar problem.

I can not get Vgs over 750mV on any of the mosfets. When I start turning P1 and P2 Vgs starts increasing and goes up to 750mV pretty quickly where it stops. It does not matter how much I turn the pots after that, Vgs does not change.

The voltage over R122 and R12 is 0V all the time.

I have exactly the same problem on both channels.

I use the Fairchild MOSFETs.

Any suggestions on what it could be?

Have you installed the correct pot?
Or have you been supplied the correct pot? Did you measure it before installing it?

I usually measure all components before installing them but I am not 100% since I do not have any memory of measuring the pots. I have some unplanned hours this afternoon, I will spend them checking all components, starting with the pots.

I measured the resistance from the positive rail to the gate of the mosfet when turning the pot. It goes from 0 to 1.2 kohm nice and smooth. It is the same on the positive and negative sides. I think 1.2kohm is the value to be expected with a 5k pot?

These measurements where done with the PSU disconnected. First I measured the resistance with the PSU still connected, then I got ~140ohm max between the rails and the gates of the mosfets. Could that be the problem or is it just that the capacitors in the PSU are still charged and thus interfering with my resistance measurement?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.