What are "good" sounding resistors for my aleph p

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was planning on going with the holco 0.1% 25ppm from mouser and now guess what......... :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:
They no longer have them:bawling:
I am looking for a great sounding replacement to be used on the aleph p volume relay attenuators (the preamp output resistors).

Anyone tried the tt electronics rc55 series IRC 0.1% metal film from mouser?

Re: Re: What are "good" sounding resistors for my aleph p

Lucas_G said:

Hi Shaun,

The RC55 are made by Welwyn, and I like them very, very much. They are always extremely accurate and they sound very transparent.

Regards,

Lucas.

I can just agree. I also use this ones in my Aleph 4 monos and in my coming Aleph P. They sound very well and neutral.

And lets forget about the discussion about magnetism. Just the mechanical end caps are made with steel, nothing in the signal pass or wires.

In Europe they are best bought at Farnell. Not cheap, but really valuable.

Regards

Klaus

Re: Re: Re: What are "good" sounding resistors for my aleph p

Klaus said:

I can just agree. I also use this ones in my Aleph 4 monos and in my coming Aleph P. They sound very well and neutral.

And lets forget about the discussion about magnetism. Just the mechanical end caps are made with steel, nothing in the signal pass or wires.

In Europe they are best bought at Farnell. Not cheap, but really valuable.

Regards

Klaus

Not mentioning magnetism, but how does the signal pass from the resistor body to the lead if it does not pass the end cap to which the lead is attached to one side and the body to the other? Beats me.

Re: Re: Re: Re: What are "good" sounding resistors for my aleph p

UrSv said:

Not mentioning magnetism, but how does the signal pass from the resistor body to the lead if it does not pass the end cap to which the lead is attached to one side and the body to the other? Beats me.

If I understand right the cap just presses the lead onto the metal film on the resistor ceramic board. Here the lead is soldered or what ever to the film. The caps give mechanical robustness specially towards lead bending. Correct me if I am wrong.

I quote from Thel in Germany. Mr. Hartwig is a very experianced tweaky and prefers Welwyne for more then 10 years now. And who knows him knows that he would have changed to other, better Resistors if he would knew them.

Regards

Klaus

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.