Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th February 2011, 04:51 PM   #11
Lerg is offline Lerg  Canada
diyAudio Member

If you are looking for a silver push button switch with blue illumination I believe the Bulgin would have what you are looking for.
They aren't rated for what you are trying to do, which is the entire idea behind the Epsilon 24 from Ti Kan. The ε24 Power Switch Driver Circuit

I am using one of those with a black Lamptron switch, its basically a clone of the Bulgin switch only it is available in black and made of Delrin plastic instead of stainless steel.

I have all the parts for my F5, now I just have to start putting it together.
Old 8th February 2011, 04:58 PM   #12
ra7 is offline ra7  United States
diyAudio Member

How about ditching these expensive switches and use an LED on the front panel instead? Kinda like the originial Firstwatt amps. Then you can have a standard rocker on the back.

Saves money, looks
Old 8th February 2011, 04:59 PM   #13
6L6 is offline 6L6  United States
diyAudio Member

I'm thinking something like this -

Click the image to open in full size.

The trick will be finding one that can take the current... adding a relay board to make a switch work in a circuit is just not my idea of elegant engineering, although I can see some applications of that circuit where it would be very nice.
Old 8th February 2011, 05:49 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

the Schurter MSM 20 can handle 10A @ 250V...
byron
Old 8th February 2011, 06:32 PM   #15
Marra is offline Marra  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6L6 View Post

The trick will be finding one that can take the current... adding a relay board to make a switch work in a circuit is just not my idea of elegant engineering, although I can see some applications of that circuit where it would be very nice.
Thats what I used but it only switches power to a soft start board which switches the amp on through relays.
Old 8th February 2011, 08:18 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Quote:

i believe that's the bulgin rated 3a @ 250v , early in the f5 thread it was mentioned by a few people that were using them .BULGIN|MP0045/1E2BL012|SWITCH, PUSHBUTTON, DPDT-2CO, | Newark.com

and thanks for starting this thread , i'm waiting for parts to start building mine .

cheers Woody
Old 8th February 2011, 08:26 PM   #17
michal is offline michal  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
How about a simple on-off TRIAC based circuit?
Old 8th February 2011, 08:27 PM   #18
ENSen is offline ENSen  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:

I bought a switch looking like that for my F5. Got it from Audiophonics - Cābles, Amplificateurs et Accessoires DIY, it is rated at 250VAC 5A,
Old 8th February 2011, 08:34 PM   #19
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
Nice Build so far, any more pictures ?
Old 8th February 2011, 09:27 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Re: "I wouldn't mind a blue-ringed flush pushbutton, but I haven't the foggiest notion of where to find one. That would look nice on the front panel."

Consider taking a ride in an elevator, and bring along a set of Allen wrenches. There are a lot of indirectly-lit pushbuttons available in the elevator cab (depends, of course, on how many floors the building has)!

Kidding aside (ahem)..... Belkin and a number of other companies make ringed pushbutton switches. Dry the Newark Electronics catalog, or perhaps Digi-Key. A word of caution--most of these switches are "momentary contact", and you'd be looking for "latching on-off" (unless, of course, you enjoy listening to very SHORT passages of music). You can get around the "momentary" action by purchasing a latching bi-stable relay to use, with a momentary switch (just costs a little more).

6L6--I'm down the road in Colorado Springs, also launching into an F5 build, with Conrad heatsinks and a scratch built chassis cabinet. I'll get some photos posted, in the not-so-distant-future....

P.S. I was only partly kidding about the "elevator buttons". I actually found a supplier of elevator parts in Florida, who sold these switches are bargain prices....... as "elevator salvage".

Hide this!Advertise here!