How to build the F5

Okey dokey
Fell so much beter tanks

Woody

Ken is right about the limits and 40W is the going figure.

But is also trou that Papa said 1 They sound better at 2 amps and also They sound beter at higher voltagge

So the only way to get both is to improve the heat exchange process

Big heat sinks but slow in setling or Goop and mica versus Kerafol
Also Kerafol work beter with higher pressure so how much torque could you put on a screw before you strip the tread?

Bit like F5 racing port flow by hand wok best

One more question did you Ken / 6L6 mannage to get a temperature on the CL60

Ok. Here are the pictures of my PS. Be gentle...
P1000847.JPG

P1000848.JPG

P1000849.JPG

P1000850.JPG

P1000851.JPG

P1000852.JPG

P1000854.JPG

Using the extremely accurate pseudo-pscientific method of touching them and guessing, I would say that mine are in the neighborhood of 120-130F. (49-55C)

Very warm/hot to the touch, but not going to burn you, and able to touch for 5-10sec.

Mine are running about the same--warm to the touch, for the two CL-60's on the line side. The CL-60 common to the PSU is running a little cooler. All this, with about 0.63v across R11 and R12, for each channel.

I'd recommend you disconnect your leads from the bridge rectifier outputs, and measure both the VAC into each bridge, and then the VDC (unfiltered) comming out of each bridge.

While you have those leads "open" I'd also measure the resistance across the caps for each rail (do that using the leads you disconnected from the rectifiers. (You may have some residual DC in the caps, to touch both leads together to ground the caps, before you take this resistance reading).

Is your power supply currently (no pun intended....) connected to either/both of the amp boards?

It's not connected to the amp boards. I will check out what you said.

Thanks....that may be the best way to proceed--peeling back the layers of the onion, etc.

From a scan of your pics, your wiring on the primary side of the transformer looked ok.

On other simple measurement--the resistance reading across the two AC line leads (coming into the amp chassis) should be about 6-7 ohms (for a 400 VA transformer).