How to build the F5

Nothing worse than ordering parts

Especially when your a total newb like me, when I go to mouser and search for 10 ohm resistor and get 2000 different options I would like to know that I am getting the right ones.

Hopefully from the help of you guys, and me doing this it will help others and make if easier for folks to just go in and click a link or insert a certain bom, and done.

Now I just need to figure our how to upload the file, as diyaudio.com is telling me that it is a invalid file.

Lets see if this work, if it does I don't know if everything is right. I think I tried to pick metal film resistors. Let me know if there is anything that needs changes. I figured the transistors and other stuff are coming from other vendors, so I will try and do a google doc later and put those on the original bom.

http://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=0cca714c64

Wondering how you manage to spend $2000 on a monaural amp.
Obviously, it's not the alloy.

$2000. wel.
heatsinks: $250
transformer: $200
PSU: $250
softstart: $100
amp parts: $200
15Kg alu: 150
cutting and CNC of alu: $150-200
misc: $200
PCB: $40
and then ther is finnish. (Paint and anodize)

this is pr monoblock.

Last edited:
Well, I've just turned both P1 and P2 to ZERO and thought I'd give it a go.

V(R11) and V(R12) are both 0V and output offset is 0V.

Good sign that output devices are not short.

Gently varying P1 I can get the bias up to 0.6V/0.47R = 1.27A with the output offset climbing gently but being held in check with small adjustments on P2.

So I've got 1.27A bias and 0.2mV offset.

I think I might have been lucky. Tomorrow I'll need to let it settle and warm up.

In the 5 minutes that I was playing with it, the heatsink didn't even get above cold.

Attachments

• DSIR9618.JPG
    DSIR9618.JPG
    213.8 KB · Views: 235