DIY D1 I/V STAGE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I changed the regulation for a Salas SSLV1.1 BiB, also I changed R6 1.5K fot 5K49 to increase the gain but I have a problem can't go lower than -1.2V one channel & -1.3 the other channel using P1 20K trimmer, how can do increasing the trimmer value or increasing R2? How to calculate the trimmer or R2 value? The Salas shunt is going OK powering +-30V to each channel of D1 I/V.

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Could you post pics of components & solder sides to see if I have done something wrong because I have serious problem with the gain or with the filter because I hear the voices without presence very very deep & lack of bass & mid-bass. Did you use shunt regulator or LM317+LM337 because with LMs it sounds well IMHO need a little bit of gain but when I using Salas BiB shunt happens the voice problem.

Thanks for help
Felipe

Last edited:
Could you post pics of components & solder sides to see if I have done something wrong because I have serious problem with the gain or with the filter because I hear the voices without presence very very deep & lack of bass & mid-bass. Did you use shunt regulator or LM317+LM337 because with LMs it sounds well IMHO need a little bit of gain but when I using Salas BiB shunt happens the voice problem.

Thanks for help
Felipe

Here's my D1 with Salas Shunt Reg (Lite DAC38 based)
sorry, but i'm using my own layout.
I already replace them with Zen I/V in my new DAC anyway :)

Attachments

• P1030923 copy.jpg
    P1030923 copy.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 486
The diyAudio community really appreciate your work, I have to say "BIG THANKS"

All thank's should go to Salas as a designer :)
i'm just a layout maker :eek:

I have problems with the Salas SSLV1.1 BiB regulators negative rails oscillates.

I see it at SSLV thread
I hope you can get rid of those :)
D-1 already sound wonderfull with stock supply ( i had try it with 7815/7915 with Zener alike in "real D-1")

Joined 2009
Paid Member
All thank's should go to Salas as a designer :)
i'm just a layout maker :eek:

I see it at SSLV thread
I hope you can get rid of those :)
D-1 already sound wonderfull with stock supply ( i had try it with 7815/7915 with Zener alike in "real D-1")

Layout is very important, I knew when I did the Simplistic NJFET RIAA.

Yes I fixed was a mosfet:)

Now I will see the football match Italy vs Spain but surely today or tonight I will hear the D1 with your layout & Salas design regs.;)

Last edited:
always humble, daeng ;-)

:)

crt your D1 when playing music sounds like when playing vinyl so like something fried? I ask because I want o know if the filter is OK or how can be modified to suppres this kind of noise?

I did not get what do you mean ?

I use "original" value component of D-1
Playing normal without issues
maybe just I-in a little sliding when first time and settle after few minutes :)

Hi

I am using lm317 and lm337 to supply D1 iv stage. I am now thinking 60v ct transformer gives too high voltage after the retifier, around 44vdc. I think changing to 48v ct is better as i think big voltage drop on lm317 and 337 is not a good thing, too much heat. Also some very good amp design use fairly low supplier voltage. I also have 1000uf of capacitance after the regulator chips but i think that's too much.

Can any one advise on improving this lm317 and lm337 power supply?

Thanks, I heard about Salas's regulator design but for now it seems to be quite a lot of effort to get the board and all the parts.

I am still wondering if I should lower the AC voltage with the existing LM317 and 337 design. 44v after the rectifier seems very high as LM313/337 only need about 33v input to give 30v output.

Any one know why Nelson used zeners with 78xx/79xx regulator. Clearly the voltage between input and ground pin of the the regulator is kept reasonably low. Any other performance related reason?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.