X2.5 pre-amp

good morning friends!
can I ask questions about these preamplifiers too? I recently won an auction for the Threshold T-200 Nelson Pass Amplifier. And now I select a preliminary amplifier for it. And I'm a little at a loss as to which preamp to choose.
choice between Pass Labs x1, but it has a cut off external power supply, here is a link to a Russian resource:
Доступ с вашего IP-адреса временно ограничен — Авито
the price is very good for this preamplifier, about $ 1,800.
and there is an opportunity to bring Pass Labs x2.5 from Croatia, but the price is about $ 2700.
and I am now tormented with a choice. )))

Forgive me for being annoying, I also picked up different preamps, including tube ones, here is a list, can you help me with the choice?

Black Ice F-360 - An extremely interesting preamplifier. Advertising promises that with it it will be possible to expand the scene, and its detail is very high. :) But I don't believe in ads. :)
Leema Acoustics Pyxis ll
Electrocompaniet ec 4.7
Krell KSL-2
Audia Flight Pre
Electrocompaniet EC 4.8
Quad Artera Pre
Rotel RC-5000
Audio research LS-15
audio research LS-2B
Spectron Model 10
Audio research LS 17
BAT VK-30
McIntosh C2200 - But this is already very dear to me.

it was funny. )) excuse me. my English is bad. )) I made this list for choosing a preamplifier. I really don't know what to buy from this list and what will work best with my new Threshold T-200. now I'm leaning towards Pass Labs x1, which can be bought in Russia for $ 1800. But it bothers me that there is a small portable power supply unit, and not a large full-size one, as in most photos on the Internet.

I had the X1 driving a Krell 300cx. The X1 is a very flexible musical preamp, I loved it, I should never have sold it! Prior to the X1, I was driving the 300cx with a Krell Showcase Processor in preamp mode and prior to that a VTL 2.5 tubed pre, the difference between the 3 preamps was night and day. The X1 being the clear winner, it opened the soundstage in depth and width, response extremes particularly the bass were very very good.. well controlled, tight, great depth and overtones were lovely. The X1 mids were excellent, just right in my book. The X1 was a clear winner for me, also put it up against my buddies Mark Levinson pre.. the X1 brings some real magic to the table. I know which one I'd buy!

As mentioned above I sold my X1 and also the 300cx it drove along with some ProAc 3.8 speakers. I use both digital and VPI analog for sauce. This system was the envy of those who heard it, since selling it all - me included!

Its was a music reproduction system that I now aspire to re-create!

I am still using my faithful Pass Labs X2.5

...the funny thing is it sounds as good today as it did 18 years a go.
(along with my Aleph 2 clone and Aleph 3.)

I think this "Set it, and forget it" - Built to last Pass gear must eat in to their profit margin! :)

Friends, are you using Pass Labs x2.5 with Threshold T-200? second question: what input-output do you connect them to? on balance? I was just told that Threshold T-200 has only 926 ohms input impedance to the balancers. And Pass Labs has over 350 ohms. and that's bad. because (they told me this, not my conclusions) the output impedance of the preamplifier should be 20 times less than the input impedance of the power amplifier. that is, I need to look for a preamplifier with an output impedance below 100 ohms, and even better less than 20 ohms. but I have never seen such preamplifiers. I don't know what to do and what kind of preamplifier to take then….

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
they were being smart without a reason - if amplifier is made for Pro use ( low Rin) keep it on Pro market

worth sayin' , that Treshold is post-Pass era

I have preamplifier with that low output impedance, but you can feed that Treshold with RCA inputs, most likely it doesn't deserve better

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Rin is input impedance
Rout is output impedance

do you have a schematic of your Treshold?

btw. according top Stereophile, their (Treshold) idea was exactly that - that Rout of preamp and Rin of amp are close, so called best power transfer

just use them as is .......... or find a schematic so we can tell you how to change input impedance, if possible (which most likely is)