Donate a merry Christmass

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Morten : You know what is lying around in my chaos ... Is there anything that could be useful?

But well ... considering all the shipping costs and so, I think a contribution via Paypal would be much more effective
Could you mail me Paypal account?

Manu

The amp was found on Ebay UK, surprisingly cheap. I will post a pic when it arrives.
MUSE Class T Amp Integrate Amplifier Tripath TA2024 - eBay (item 260697110845 end time Dec-22-10 18:17:05 PST)
At 45 £ shipped, I guess this is a cost / sound quality ratio.

Speakers have been found locally, from a Danish chain called Hifiklubben. That turned out to be a good deal, as having anything shipped in from Germany or the UK, would cost a fortune.
ARGON 6220 højttaler | Hi-Fi Klubben
At 200$ a pair, the price would be hard to beat in Denmark.

I found out today that she actually has no source (thought she had a DVD player, but it's broken), but the solution seems rather cheap and simple, at like 40$ they sell MP3 players in the discount shops here.

Ironically I actually don't have stuff like speaker cable or interconnects, as I don't own a single RCA plug anymore, everything has gone XLR since last spring, and back then I gave all my RCA stuff away, as I knew I would never need any of it again.
Speaker wire is about the same story. During the year I have given any speaker wire I had laying around away, again thinking I would not need any.
I would guess that I have given away like 2 complete stereos within the last year, so my stock of "completed items" is non-existing.

Magura :D

interconnects are on me, what do we need chaps? I dont have much in the way of speaker cable gauge, but very nice UPOCC interconnects, I can muster. what source? can make nice ipod LOD too if thats appropriate

send me a PM with details, i'm about to go to bed. this type of thing is my daily bread if you are wondering

LOD is line out dock if you are left scratching your head. send me email through the forum, best way to sort these problems out. i'll reply when I get up in about 6-7 hrs

Last edited:
That is very nice of you, but a set of DIY interconnects would sure top this up.

I guess the source will end up being a CD player, as she will have too much trouble figuring to move all her music around on a MP3 player. Here a cd player can also be had for about the same as a MP3 player.

I think that would be the end of this, as I will make a company I work for sponsor some speaker wire. It just dawned on my 5 minutes ago that they got suitable wire by the roll.

Please drop me an email, then you might as well send the interconnect directly to her, as time is getting short when shipping from Australia.

That little amp appears to come with a 3.5 to RCA connector.
If there are any other contributions, maybe an Ipod can be purchased,
Or a music HD if she has a laptop. Just an idea.

I cross posted you Tea.

A cheap cd player I guess is the right solution, as I am some 400km from where she lives, so anything that takes help beyond what can be handled over the phone, is begging for frustration.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.