Who is the man behind the curtain that is the great and powerful OZ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hiya folks.
Just for fun, and out of playful respect for our illustrious leader, I thought I'd share with you all a little imagination game I've been playing for the last few months.
I'm sure we all must have some image in our heads of what Mr. Pass looks like. I know I picture him as dark and moustashioed, and of average height with jeans and a flannel buttondown shirt. For some reason I can only ever picture him at his workbench, like he's grown roots there (think Pilot from "Farscape"), madly designing new amps with a soldering iron in one hand, and a computer keyboard in the other (for answering all our questions of course).
Just wondering if anyone has actually seen our brilliant leader before? Better yet, how do you imagine him?
Even better than that, how must he imagine the motley lot of us?

;)

-Erik (bored and punchy at the customer service desk)

I imagine he looks something like this...

Attachments

• pass.jpg
    pass.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 673
Well, in the immortal words of H. J. Simpson...

D'OH!

Boy, I wasn't prepared for that. I was wayyyyyy off.
I like the real Nelson, much better than the one in my imagination.

I was correct about the moustache, though. One out of five aint bad.

Nice pic, btw. Where was that taken?
-Erik.:nod:

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Nelson Pass...

I imagine that he was not a good student from teachers¡¯ point of view.
That he is thinking too much, mostly useless.
That he likes jokes, particularly bad ones.
That he likes drinking wine and might be at the door to alcoholic.
That he wears cloths just to hide his natural bodybuilding.
That he wears shoes just to hide his feet.
That he understands limited number of words and writes in short.
That he has short knowledge, so discusses only with newbies.
That he must have done better as a film producer.
That he pledges royalty to his wife. mmm...!?!?
That he always has the attitude of yes-no-yes-maybe.

Should I go further?

:yinyang:

Well, Mr. Pass looks very different from whom I saw long time ago in the Stereophile magazine (probably 1989?...in the issue that presents Corey Greenberk's BUF-03 preamp). The hair was dark at that time, rather than whity grey like in the picture above. He wore big beard too. And he (certainly) was much younger, standing besides a grill ("the cloud" loudspeaker). Look more executive today though.

Wearing the same kind of smile anyway.

Seperated at birth?

phase_accurate said:
I always wondered if he and David Crosby were the same person ? ;)

Regards

Charles

I thought the same thing when I saw the pic. I thought I was being had until I saw the name tag on his jacket.

Hey, where is Nelson with his take on all of us?

If he doesn't chime into this thread soon, I'm gonna have to post a pic of myself, and you really don't want that to happen.
Trust me.
:devily:

-E.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.