Zen Variations 5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking forward to trying one of the Zen variations. . . just as soon as an Aleph gets finished. When I started viewing this forum, I noted the Aleph buzz, but now it seems to be a chipamp buzz. I can understand the implicit simplicity of those projects from a beginner's view and have even built on myself. But, I really hope to soon be able to hear a real class A design, both Aleph and Zen.

Thanks, NP, for helping keep high-end DIY in the reach of beginners. I am completely ignorant with EE designs (getting the occasional headache trying to figure out what the heck the guys in Audio Express are talking about) but the well written designs you publish help me to keep trying and understand a little more.

Thanks!

Sandy.

Thanks Nelson,

Nice reading, nice big power supply, but I missed some pictures of your prototype. I like very much the ones showed in your articles... inspiring :nod:

I was hoping for cascoding, susy, only half gain device, fluorescent loads, sensorial biasing or something like that, and I get push-pull !!! Another surprise, hail to Nelson.

BTW, which range covers the best this amp? bottom? midrange? top? Yes, I'm still waiting for the xover...:bawling:

Thanks for another inspiring DIY-article!

As per usual it´s easy to read and follow and funny as well.
I love the part about your startup-setup and especially the fire extinguisher.
Maybe you could post some picture?

(The designer himself heroicly standing in front of a big amp, one foot on the chair, the fire extinguisher in his hands...)

Ramble on
Jens

Thank Mr. Pass,
This project indeed is very inspirational and refreshing! I say this from a newbie point of view. Simple looking ( low parts count ) and a deep power supply. You provided lots of info about designing powersupplies, that will have a impact on what we will
see next on this forum:) Thank you.
Sincerely,
Harry:cool:

So Karen didn't build the prototype in an XA chasis??? ;)

DANG, now i'm going to HAVE to build another amp!!!
:cool:

I think instead of huge heat sinks i'm going to try to build one
using fans on the power supply and main circuit. It's amazing how
much heat a fan can dissapate off a heat sink. Some of those
90mm fans at a low RPM are pretty quiet. could be fun!

Thanks once again PASS DIY Gang!

Attachments

• z5 fan.jpg
    z5 fan.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,592
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
I did not laugh at you... not at anybody.

By the way, I have read the note saying, ...the 2200uF values for C10 and C11 give it a gentle wake-up call, again and again. In order to figure it out as well as thinking of any possibility to install one set to my wife for me, and another set to myself for the poor children.

:yinyang:

Great project!

1. Is the input impedance 475 Ohm? If so, how will that work together with BZLS with 10K pot at the output?

2. How severe will the bias drift be if I where to use a unregulated (but clean) psu? Let's assume it wanders between 20V +/- 1V?

Best Regards,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.