Mezmerize DCB1 Building Thread

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Guys I am waiting for some mesmerize boards I got from the diyaudio store and I am currently planning on the rest of the parts.
What I was wondering is if there is a way to get two outputs from the board, so that I can drive 4 monoblock amps (dual - dual mono setup driving woofers and mid-twitters separately)
Thanks a lot
Dimitri

I just jumper the outputs together from the RCAs.
Often I use a 100R resistor from the hot signal to jumper.
I believe this can reduce noise, but I am uncertain if this is true or not.

Guys I am waiting for some mesmerize boards I got from the diyaudio store and I am currently planning on the rest of the parts.
What I was wondering is if there is a way to get two outputs from the board, so that I can drive 4 monoblock amps (dual - dual mono setup driving woofers and mid-twitters separately)
Thanks a lot
Dimitri

The usual trick is to use the Reverse Summing circuitry. i.e. feed each output through its own series resistor (for DC coupling) or a cap and a resistor (for AC coupling)

I had bit of accident with my Mez the other day.While listening i managed to spill some Tea on my uncased board :eek: Not full cup but still...
I fan dried it immediately and left it off.Thank God it still works.Anyway i compared the sound using the dcb1 and going straight from source to amp and i have to say the dcb1 makes Huge difference.Without it the sound is very 2 dimensional coarse and disjointed.Adding the dcb1 makes my speakers sound twice as big,dynamics are great,textures and micro details as much as you need.:lickface::And just to think i haven't hot rod it yet!
Thanks Salas :D

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I had bit of accident with my Mez the other day.While listening i managed to spill some Tea on my uncased board :eek: Not full cup but still...
I fan dried it immediately and left it off.Thank God it still works.Anyway i compared the sound using the dcb1 and going straight from source to amp and i have to say the dcb1 makes Huge difference.Without it the sound is very 2 dimensional coarse and disjointed.Adding the dcb1 makes my speakers sound twice as big,dynamics are great,textures and micro details as much as you need.:lickface::And just to think i haven't hot rod it yet!

Nice that you liked it. You are welcome.

What caps did you have in the Mez ?

Poor caps would give poor results.

hi,
i have 100k alps blue beauty.
can i use it for dc b1 buffer pots?
any value of parts i have to change?

thanks.

310166716400One.jpg