Mezmerize DCB1 Building Thread

I have installed the IRFP240 and is working fine but but the last 3 transistors close to output (the 2 sk170 and bipolar) are running very hot, almost impossible to touch. Maybe not all three of them are hot but is hard to say as they are very close on the pcb.
The negative rail seem to be much hotter than the other one. On the three 68ohm paraleled resistors i have 3.8v on the negative and 2v on the positive side.

Last edited:
I have some spare transistors. The IRF's are totally isolated from chassis as i dont have a chassis yet :)
Both regs are working but now i see one went a bit up to 12 v even if in the first minutes they where very close with less than 0,5v difference.

Last edited:
No sinking for the IRF's as they are slightly warm. I don't know to answer to the question regarding current. The strange thing is that acros leds i have a bigger voltage than theoretically they stabilize.
Across three leds string (ccs) i have 7.8v
The 100ohm resistors are also hot.

Last edited:
I used DALE 1% Metal Films in the signal path.

There was much more improvement to made with the caps.

I used Siemens 1.0uF MKP caps at the input and Oblligato 10uF PIOs at the output.

Again, the difference is subtle and definite snake oil territory.

You wont fit these caps on a Mesmorize board though. I used a homebrew clone of the original B1 board.

The resistors at the bottom right of the board are not in the signal path so I just used good quality 1% metal films there.

I can't find the original photo so I'll post it again - Apologies to the Moderators.

I eventually used the Mesmorise board as a Salas shunt reg with my homebrew Pass B1 boards.

Attachments

• DSIR9330.JPG
    DSIR9330.JPG
    229.8 KB · Views: 613
  • DSIR9373.JPG
    DSIR9373.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 601
Last edited:
Guys I am waiting for some mesmerize boards I got from the diyaudio store and I am currently planning on the rest of the parts.
What I was wondering is if there is a way to get two outputs from the board, so that I can drive 4 monoblock amps (dual - dual mono setup driving woofers and mid-twitters separately)
Thanks a lot
Dimitri