Mezmerize DCB1 Building Thread

hi salas,

i was planning to build a simple single stage good sounding balanced preamp( in my case for a low power f4) and as i was reading about devices i stumble into a post where you said you were thinking about using the bs170 that you had around. i thought those small mosfet could have some potential, maybe in a BOZ type preamp, follower or even in a D1 I/V.

i was wondering what your opinion would be about this i found recently part being a contender....

bsh111

it is SMD and low wattage but maybe 2 or 3 in parallel at some 30mA could be interesting?

regards,

-pierre

this is the phase splitter i m using and i ll also try different value of resistors for a low gain, all 2sk170, preamp (2x for balanced). might also try bsp129....

Attachments

• phase_split_cen.jpg
    phase_split_cen.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:
yes a small value source resistor could do it maybe...sharing the same heatsink might also help but unfortunately, sot23 case doesnt really allow for that...

bsh111 in the v1.1 regulator for around 3.3v out i could also try...

this mosfet curves Vds versus current looks fairly flat even at a few volts...so 100mA ccs could be possible maybe?

on another note, i have a few bsp129 already around...i plan to play with them too, especially in a B1 style buffer. With sufficient cooling they take a few watts no problem, so putting lots of mA or Volts on them is no problem

andrew,

yes great idea for sot23! maybe close to 1W would be realistic that way...

for sot223, it is relatively easy to simply squeeze them between pieces aluminium and get a few watts out of them. If ever i could come up with a safe way to do the same with sot23, maybe it would bring appreciable benefits.

by the way, i dont know if your for the independance of your people, but i m sure i am for mine :)

turbon,

each nation has its own context, you cant generalize...and of course there is no free lunch nowhere...

it all comes down to values. Over here, we are more open minded than our counterpart in general, socially and ecologically, whereas the english side is more conservative. Also, french is in my opinion threatened to deasappear eventually....just like gaelic and such...

i always believed that diversity reinforcement actually led to care more for each other....but all this is somewhat beyond me and how thing are going to turn out is practically impossible to predict with so many variable, know and unknown.

but lets get back to topic!

i d like to ear your opinion on the subject if want to mesage me, turbon or andrew...