Mezmerize DCB1 Building Thread

HI Salas, i have the pcb Mezmerize, all the components necessary and a transformer 50v rcore 2X15v, in short, everything you need to begin to solder, but I do not feel safe just because it is my first time! :eek:
Do you have a guide or a tutorial for the consequences of assembly, but especially on how to match the LEDs explained simple, very simple ..
Thank you very much.

Assemble the Power supply alone. Test it using a mains bulb tester. Check voltages.
Assemble the Power section of the PCB.
Test it using the Mains bulb tester. Check voltages
Assemble the CCS section. Test it using a Mains bulb tester. Check voltages.
Assemble the Shunt regulator section. Test it using a Mains bulb tester. Check voltages.

Do you see a pattern in the methodology?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Have you got DMM with diode mode strong enough that can light up an LED? If yes, use it to find near enough LEDS. Else use a 9V battery, put 1K on (+) then LED anode in series, return cathode to (-). Measure VDC across LED when shining. Watch the "D" symbol printed on PCB for orientation of each group, nothing else. There is a flat cut on any LED's rim, that one goes towards the flat part of the "D".

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
You had the 150R there right from the start? If it was in between the 12V regulator chip and the 5V relays it should have dropped voltage across itself and protected them. Is there any jumper installed in place of the resistor spots printed 300R by any chance?

I bought the board as fully functional, the resistor was in there when I got it.

Is there a way to check the relay when in place? I measured a resistance of 182 ohms across pin 1 and 2, close to the specs of the relay. Don't hear a switching click at power on or of.
One other thing I notice is that there seems to be no delay at power on, the voltage is right there from the start.