Mezmerize DCB1 Building Thread - Page 57 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2012, 11:51 AM   #561
Tea-Bag is offline Tea-Bag  United States
not politcally affiliated
diyAudio Member
 
Tea-Bag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Kennebunk
Blog Entries: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimkasta View Post
Guys I am waiting for some mesmerize boards I got from the diyaudio store and I am currently planning on the rest of the parts.
What I was wondering is if there is a way to get two outputs from the board, so that I can drive 4 monoblock amps (dual - dual mono setup driving woofers and mid-twitters separately)
Thanks a lot
Dimitri
I just jumper the outputs together from the RCAs.
Often I use a 100R resistor from the hot signal to jumper.
I believe this can reduce noise, but I am uncertain if this is true or not.
__________________
Salas Boards 2014 #2 Click Here to Sign Up! |F5TC board and power supplies available PM | Hot-Rod DCB1 boards and kits available PM |Mesmerize kits available (no boards)
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2012, 11:55 AM   #562
diyAudio Member
 
KatieandDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimkasta View Post
Guys I am waiting for some mesmerize boards I got from the diyaudio store and I am currently planning on the rest of the parts.
What I was wondering is if there is a way to get two outputs from the board, so that I can drive 4 monoblock amps (dual - dual mono setup driving woofers and mid-twitters separately)
Thanks a lot
Dimitri
The usual trick is to use the Reverse Summing circuitry. i.e. feed each output through its own series resistor (for DC coupling) or a cap and a resistor (for AC coupling)
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2012, 01:14 PM   #563
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator
 
Salas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens-Greece
Quote:
Originally Posted by atupi View Post
Forgot to ask you if worth to buy some BL grade transistors if i have matched GR transistors with Idss around 5.5
A bit less THD if you will use circa 8mA IDSS BL.
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2012, 02:14 PM   #564
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Scottish Borders
Quote:
Originally Posted by atupi View Post
Forgot to ask you if worth to buy some BL grade transistors if i have matched GR transistors with Idss around 5.5
in some locations of the DCB1 gr are the preferred grade.
__________________
regards Andrew T.
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 09:53 AM   #565
weskoki is offline weskoki  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
weskoki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
I had bit of accident with my Mez the other day.While listening i managed to spill some Tea on my uncased board Not full cup but still...
I fan dried it immediately and left it off.Thank God it still works.Anyway i compared the sound using the dcb1 and going straight from source to amp and i have to say the dcb1 makes Huge difference.Without it the sound is very 2 dimensional coarse and disjointed.Adding the dcb1 makes my speakers sound twice as big,dynamics are great,textures and micro details as much as you need.:And just to think i haven't hot rod it yet!
Thanks Salas
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 10:15 AM   #566
atupi is offline atupi  Romania
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bucharest
I want to order some parts from Mouser and i dont know for the main smoothing caps what to choose; low ESR, low impedance or Audio grade as mouser is offering these choises.
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 10:17 AM   #567
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator
 
Salas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens-Greece
Quote:
Originally Posted by weskoki View Post
I had bit of accident with my Mez the other day.While listening i managed to spill some Tea on my uncased board Not full cup but still...
I fan dried it immediately and left it off.Thank God it still works.Anyway i compared the sound using the dcb1 and going straight from source to amp and i have to say the dcb1 makes Huge difference.Without it the sound is very 2 dimensional coarse and disjointed.Adding the dcb1 makes my speakers sound twice as big,dynamics are great,textures and micro details as much as you need.:And just to think i haven't hot rod it yet!
Thanks Salas
Nice that you liked it. You are welcome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 10:20 AM   #568
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator
 
Salas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens-Greece
Quote:
Originally Posted by atupi View Post
I want to order some parts from Mouser and i dont know for the main smoothing caps what to choose; low ESR, low impedance or Audio grade as mouser is offering these choises.
Use main smoothing capacitors like the ones you like best in power amplifiers.
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 12:55 PM   #569
diyAudio Member
 
KatieandDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by weskoki View Post
I had bit of accident with my Mez the other day.While listening i managed to spill some Tea on my uncased board Not full cup but still...
I fan dried it immediately and left it off.Thank God it still works.Anyway i compared the sound using the dcb1 and going straight from source to amp and i have to say the dcb1 makes Huge difference.Without it the sound is very 2 dimensional coarse and disjointed.Adding the dcb1 makes my speakers sound twice as big,dynamics are great,textures and micro details as much as you need.:And just to think i haven't hot rod it yet!
Thanks Salas
What caps did you have in the Mez ?

Poor caps would give poor results.
  Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 01:10 PM   #570
weskoki is offline weskoki  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
weskoki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieandDad View Post
What caps did you have in the Mez ?

Poor caps would give poor results.
Nichicon Muse and Elna I will try to hot rod it just to see if there's improvement.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS : F3 PCB + PSU - Hypnotize - Mezmerize - LightSpeed korben69 Swap Meet 16 21st June 2013 06:52 AM
WTB Mezmerize PCB 3GGG Swap Meet 3 16th January 2011 09:15 AM
My XXLS Subwoofer building thread... harrisni Subwoofers 9 28th October 2007 08:21 PM
Fave song from SOAD 'Mezmerize'? PeteMcK Music 6 8th March 2006 03:12 AM
Gainclone building thread based on BrianGT's boards meat Chip Amps 752 8th August 2004 06:25 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:47 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2