Mezmerize DCB1 Building Thread

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Its posted before, but here it is again, the threads are too long to hunt it.

Attachments

• MezSCH.gif
    MezSCH.gif
    28.9 KB · Views: 808
  • MezPCB.gif
    MezPCB.gif
    50.7 KB · Views: 806
Happy new year with health, good job and enjoyment to everybody.

I need your lights about C8. Can I use 120uf (which I have on hand) instead of 100 ?
I understand that R24/C8 form the start up time delay and for this I'm nearly sure that 120uf is not a problem. I'm not sure how such a change affects "power off".

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Happy new year with health, good job and enjoyment to everybody.

I need your lights about C8. Can I use 120uf (which I have on hand) instead of 100 ?
I understand that R24/C8 form the start up time delay and for this I'm nearly sure that 120uf is not a problem. I'm not sure how such a change affects "power off".

No worries. Keep in mind, a 100uf is normally +/- 20% value anyways.

Since photos are never useless in a construction thread let me show you how I implemented the C1/C3 mod.

I left the the pcb holes unused (photo). I left the leads of the 1st and last led leads uncut. I wedged in between these leads the plastic capacitor leads and soldered.

Capacitors are 0,33 uF 250V NOS Siemens MKP.

Attachments

• IMAG0042-1.jpg
    IMAG0042-1.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 697
  • IMAG0041-1.jpg
    IMAG0041-1.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 679
You remember always well !!!!!!

The 627 was a buffered 10K ALPS with a touch of gain on both IC's (x 1,5 I think) . Recently disassembled to take ALPS for Mezmerize :D (photo).

I was playing it with 2 12V 7Ah batteries. That was were our roads crossed ... I replaced batteries with your shunts with sparkling results. Aaaaa I recently saw your reference to my impressions in the MPP thread. The thread is too long and dense... Did they agree with my impressions ?

Attachments

• IMAG0045.jpg
    IMAG0045.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 656
I have finished staffing and I have a question before starting tests.
I will reuse an existing psu off board. On board bridge will be omitted but I would like to use the existing pads for local decoupling. What's the minimum capacitance you would advice me to use ?

Attachments

• IMAG0046-sm.jpg
    IMAG0046-sm.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 552