Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Mezmerize DCB1 Building Thread
Mezmerize DCB1 Building Thread
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th June 2018, 10:52 AM   #2061
nzlowie is offline nzlowie  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
9.88 & 9.87 are not low rails in dcb1 practice and 16.6vdc rectified from 12v taps indicates strong mains so all is well. 15v taps would give more heat to the input Mosfet due to higher dc drop across but less Ciss capacitance. Try those taps also since you got the sinking but keep them in use only if you find the result bit more open in the treble. Else its just a waste in heat that it will be felt after you push the mA to high hot-rod.
Cool, thanks for that. I was just a bit concerned when the voltages weren't over 10v as mentioned. Didn't think there could be too much wrong as it's doing everything right.

Still evaluating but from what I'm hearing I'd say it's added more accuracy to the music, placement is more precise and there seem to be more micro details coming through which adds a lot of nouonce to vocals ect. Hasn't really done much to the sound stage, this was already very good.

Happy so far.

Thanks to everyone for making this available.
Old 12th June 2018, 11:42 AM   #2062
nzlowie is offline nzlowie  Australia
diyAudio Member

Only minor issue is a small amount of hum, I've got 95db bass speakers and it's just audible right up close. The transformer is well away from the board so I don't think placement is an issue.
Is a toridal better than a normal"box" transformer?

Mezmerize DCB1 Building ThreadHide this!Advertise here!